Rover-4.3.0-beta6 available for beta testing

Rover-4.3.0-beta6 is available for beta testing and can be installed using MP or QGC’s beta firmwares links. The changes vs -beta5 are in the release-notes and also copied below.

1. Arming check that main loop is running at configured speed (e.g. SCHED_LOOP_RATE)
  2. uBlox M10 fixes to reliably provide 5hz updates
  3. Autopilot specific changes
    a) CubeOrange defaults to using 2nd IMU as primary
    b) SIRF and SBP GPS disabled on BeastF7v2, MatekF405-STD, MAtekF405-Wing, omnibusf4pro
  4. Bug fixes
    a) Camera driver’s CAM_MIN_INTERVAL fixeed to cope with mission and pilot triggering
    b) Main loop slowdown after arming fixed (parameter logging was causing delays)
    c) Main loop’s fast tasks always run (caused twitches in Loiter on heavily loaded CPUs)
    d) MAVLink commands received on private channels checked for valid target sysid
    e) ModalAI cameras support fixed (ODOMETRY message frame was consumed incorrectly)
    f) Param reset after firmware load fixed on these boards
    - BeastF7v2
    - CubeYellow-bdshot
    - f405-MatekAirspeed
    - FlywooF745Nano
    - KakuteF4Mini
    - KakuteF7-bdshot
    - MatekF405-bdshot
    - MatekF405-STD
    - MatekF405-Wing-bdshot
    - MatekF765-SE
    - MatekF765-Wing-bdshot
    g) Siyi A8 gimbal support fixed
    h) Windows builds move to compiling only 64-bit executables

We continue to be stuck unable to release 4.3.0 as the stable version due to questions re the SCurve/PositionController straight line performance. Hopefully we will get to this in the near-ish future.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on testing!

1 Like

where is wp_overshoot

No longer applies with the new position controller introduced in 4.3.

1 Like

can you help me this ?A skid steering X2 boat - #6 by admired

Just took my snow-cat (skid-steer) rover out for it’s first big run around the park. Running beta 6 on a Matek F405-CTR and no issues to report. Since this is my first rover I don’t have any frame of reference, but RTL and SRTL seemed to work more or less as expected. The log is a monster but I’ll post it if it helps.

1 Like

@Allister,

Great, thanks very much for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated!