After a few months of development we are ready to start beta testing Rover-3.5.0-rc1. Within a couple of hours the new version should be visible in the ground stations (including Mission Planner and QGC) using the Beta Firmwares link.
This is a major update and the list of changes is in the Release Notes and also copied below:
Changes from 3.4.2:
- ChibiOS provides improved performance and support for many new boards including:
b) TauLabs Sparky2
c) Furious FPV F-35 lightening and Wing FC-10
d) Holybro KakuteF4
e) Mateksys F405-Wing
f) Omnibus F4 Pro, NanoV6 and F7
g) SpeedyBee F4
- BalanceBot support
- Sailboat support
- OmniPlus, OmniX frame support (vehicles can move laterally using 4 thrusters or wheels)
- Auxiliary Switches expanded to many channels (see RCx_OPTION parameters)
- External position estimates accepted from ROS and Vicon systems
- Mode changes:
a) Follow mode (allows following another vehicle if connected via telemetry)
b) Simple mode (pilot controls direction regardless of vehicle’s heading)
c) Loiter can be configured to always drive towards target (i.e. does not reverse) (see LOIT_TYPE parameter)
d) Guided, RTL, SmartRTL will reverse towards target if DO_SET_REVERSE command received (via telemetry or as mission command)
- Bug fixes and small enhancements:
a) RC and GCS failsafe timeout shortened
b) Object avoidance fix to include all sectors from proximity sensor (aka 360 lidar)
c) Safety switch ability to arm/disarm vehicle now configurable (see BRD_SAFETYOPTION parameter)
d) Onboard OSD support (for ChibiOS-only boards)
e) Gripper support
f) Sprayer support
This is the very first release candidate for -rc1 so although we think it is fairly reliable, there will undoubtedly be issues so be prepared to retake control in manual modes. If you find issues, please report them in this Rover-3.5 category and if possible include a dataflash log.
There is one known issues which we will resolve in future release candidates:
- the RC7_OPTION parameter allows setting the feature controlled by the channel 7 auxiliary switch but this parameter has not been automatically populated using the 3.4.2 CH7_OPTION parameter. This means you will need to manually set the parameter to the feature you want. The Mission Planner’s Basic Tuning page may also not yet support easily setting the parameter so you may need to use the Full Parameter list or Full Parameter Tree screens.
Thanks very much for helping us beta test this new version!