Rover-3.2.0-rc4 released for beta testing

Should it be possible to go into ACRO without GPS? Was having consistent “Bad AHRS” with no GPS connected and it was rejecting the mode change to ACRO - was that because of the AHRS or lack of GPS?

@mroberts,

Yes, I’m afraid ACRO requires the GPS (or wheel encoders or visual odometry) because the pilot’s throttle controls the vehicle’s speed. This is also important for the turn-rate controller because, on regular non-skid-steering vehicles, the turn-rate needs to be scaled by the vehicle’s speed.

RoboBill,

1. Yes, the D0 ~ D3 values should be the distances to the beacons. One of them seemed stuck which doesn’t seem good. I haven’t personally tested the Poxyz since I made this video but it should be working. I can try to test it in the simulator again.

2. There’s a hardware issue with some early Here GPSs in which the heading is off by 90 degrees if the Pixhawk/GPS is unplugged and plugged in again within a few seconds. Normally if you leave the Pixhawk/GPS for 10 seconds before applying power again the issue doesn’t happen. Also if you’re using a very new Here GPS HEX recommends setting the COMPASS_ORIENTATION to Pitch270Yaw90 (or somethign like that) but that’s not necessary with Rover-3.2 which has the orientation defaulting correctly.

Did the new version get released? When I try to upgrade with:

sudo apt upgrade ardupilot-copter-blue

I get a message that I have the latest version (3.2.0-rc3, I think).

Also, are there instructions somewhere on how to install beta versions? apt-cache only shows the one version on the repository.

Thanks,
Ben

Yes, I’m afraid ACRO requires the GPS (or wheel encoders or visual odometry) because the pilot’s throttle controls the vehicle’s speed. This is also
important for the turn-rate controller because, on regular non-skid-steering vehicles, the turn-rate needs to be scaled by the vehicle’s speed.

To be clear here - at the moment we require position for Acro mode.

In the future I would like to require just speed.

Ben,

It’s been released. The ardupilot team doesn’t actual control the “ardupilot-copter-blue” package, we have an autobuilder that builds the firmware and then ground stations generally fetch it from there. Linux releases are a bit different though because more is required than just the binary so I suspect Emlid has created that package so they will need to update it I think.