A new version of Rover is on it’s way out for beta testing. It should appear in a few hours in the Mission Planner (and other GCSs) using the “Beta Firmwares” link. Changes vs Rover-3.2.0-rc2 are in the release notes and copied below:
- SmartRTL mode (retraces path back to home)
- Acro mode (pilot controls speed and turn rate)
- Guided mode ROS integration fixes
- Steering mode allows pivot turns
- Auto mode pivots on sharp corners
- Aux switch allows arming/disarming and mode change
- PILOT_STEER_TYPE parameter allows controlling turn direction when backing up
- Mixer change to allow steering to use full motor range (removes need for MOT_SKID_FRIC)
I’m afraid that because of the last item, if you are using a skid-steering rover (i.e. moves like a tank or r2d2) that you will likely need to reduce the ATC_STR_RAT_P/I/D values in half. Also you’ll find that the MOT_SKID_FRIC parameter that we added in -rc2 is gone - you should find that it’s no longer required because the steering response is far greater than before.
We hope that we are quite close to the official release depending upon how testing of this release candidate goes. If there are absolutely no issues, we will release it in a week or two as the official version.
All feedback welcome, thanks for testing!