Robot weedeater?!?

I’m getting seriously ahead of myself, but here goes. Anyone set up a robot, self-guided weedeater, string trimmer? I have about a quarter mile of fence line to trim.

1 Like

Not that I know of, but interested !

I have a bunch of parts on my desk for adding a trimmer. Don’t hold your breath waiting for me to pioneer it. They’ve been there for a year or more :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

At the rate I’m going, I won’t even get my tank tuned before winter, let alone my mower done. But if I wanted to sleeze out, the 40V kobalt weedeater has an automatic head and detaches into two parts. They are routinely available on marketplace for $40-50, without battery. The lower part, with appropriate bracket on for a rover, and hard-wired battery, could implement a weedeater that pivots to the right and trims the edge of a mowing area or tree. You wouldn’t know it from my poor progress with MP, but I’m better with the systems than the mechanical bits. I have mostly 3-rail ranch fencing and thinking of a wheel about 16" up from ground that runs along the bottom rail and positions the head. When there is no fence, the wheel does nothing and won’t interfere.
At the rate I’m going, I won’t even get my tank tuned before winter, let alone my mower done. But if I wanted to sleeze out, the 40V kobalt weedeater has an automatic head and detaches into two parts. They are routinely available on marketplace for $40-50, without battery. The lower part, with appropriate bracket on for a rover, and hard-wired battery, could implement a weedeater that pivots to the right and trims the edge of a mowing area or tree. You wouldn’t know it from my poor progress with MP, but I’m better with the systems than the mechanical bits. I have mostly 3-rail ranch fencing and thinking of a wheel about 16" up from ground that runs along the bottom rail and positions the head. When there is no fence, the wheel does nothing and won’t interfere.