Richenpower Liquid Level Sensor Integration

Hi folks. I’ve got a hybrid electric hexacopter with a Pixhawk 2 in it. The generator fuel sensor is a Richenpower Liquid Level Sensor, spec sheet HERE

We can’t figure out how to integrate this sensor into the Pixhawk and have Mission Planner display the fuel level. There have been a few others asking about this sensor in the forum so I don’t think I’m alone.

Looking to see if anyone could do this for us and how much time/effort it would take. Feel free to shoot me a PM and we can discuss. Thanks.

1 Like

I think this would be relatively easy to set up, you could use it on the current release as a rssi pwm input. Its just a case of duplicating the code there and logging it and reporting it correctly over mavlink. I guess with a little information about tank shape a ml/km value could be reported.

Hi iampete, very late response here sorry… Would you be interested in taking the project on?

Yeah I can definitely take a look at this, you might be interested in this fuel flow meter soon to be in master.

I think the sensor support is quite easy, the hard bit is finding a nice way of storing the information about the tank shape without adding loads of extra parameters.

The sensor I linked shouldn’t need tank shape/size to give a reading. It just sends a PWM pulse out that corresponds with a fuel state, 1100us for empty and 1900us for full.

So should just be a matter of reading the PWM pulse on the Pixhawk and then displaying the associated value in MP.

Hello jsdrone

I have sorted this issue of displaying the liquid level…
1st use the Aux port u like, in my case I left the BRD_PWM_COUNT=4 where my AUX 1,2,3,4 works as the Servo outs and AUX 5 and 6 are PWM in puts.
I connected 5v BEC to AUX 6 as AUX rails don’t provide power and PWM in from Richen Power sensor.is connected to the AUX 5 as the PWM input.
and then in the mission planer I have set the following params

RSSI_ANA_PIN=54
RSSI_TYPE=4
RSSI_CHAN_HIGH=1900
RSSI_CHAN_LOW=1100

Then in the mission planer go to quick tab double click any of the value and select rxrssi .
Then Calibrate the Liquid sensor
Must Have the firmware above 3.5

Regards
Sanks
(Love From Sri Lanka)

2 Likes