RFE: Can pixhawk speaker be used for lost model finder?

Is there any way to program it to either

1. turn on when I give certain inputs on channel 8 so that I can find a lost plane in tall weeds?

2. RC control is lost (similar to #1)

I think it would be as simple as having the option of adding a loud obnoxious sound to some flight modes.

I can obviously buy one of these:

myrcmart.com/rc-lost-model-a … -3145.html

but it feels a bit silly when I have a perfectly good and loud speaker in my plane already :slight_smile:

Interestingly if you crash your Pixhawk Equipped model the PH seems to usually “reset” and go into a constant beeping mode - I have used this before to find a crashed model.

However I agree it would be a useful feature to enable. Something like a parameter for sounding the buzzer after landing is detected until disarmed would make sense. This would allow 1) buzzer if model is lost and 2) reminder after landing that the aircraft is still armed.

[quote=“marcmerlin”]Is there any way to program it to either

1. turn on when I give certain inputs on channel 8 so that I can find a lost plane in tall weeds?

2. RC control is lost (similar to #1)

I think it would be as simple as having the option of adding a loud obnoxious sound to some flight modes.

I can obviously buy one of these:

myrcmart.com/rc-lost-model-a … -3145.html

but it feels a bit silly when I have a perfectly good and loud speaker in my plane already :slight_smile:[/quote]
Really like the idea. Code it if you can or log a enhancement request on github diydrone.

Very good idea. Some news about this by now ?

It’s part of arducopter 3.3