RFD900 telemetry and video using a raspberry pi?

Has anyone set up a raspberry pi with a camera to transmit a small video feed so it shows as an overlay in mission planner? I have several rovers I want to track in MP and would really like the video over lay.

1 Like

are you trying to use the rfd900 for video, or do you have wifi? rfd900 for video has been done, but it’s definitely not something I’d recommend

I remember reading an article where @tridge used RFD900 for video during Australian Outback Challenge.

1 Like

The original idea was using wifi for video and rfd900 for tracking and telemetry. I’ve seen a PoC video on YouTube of someone sending video along with telemetry to MP, but it was short and more or less a demonstration. My problem right now is getting video over a long distance, 2 miles or more. I have a 28Dbi parabolic mesh antenna attached to my router. I was losing signal @850ft and ping latency was >1300ms

1 Like

Get a Herelink, or if you budget bound then try OpenHD https://github.com/OpenHD/Open.HD (aka WifiBroadcast). You have to choose wifi card onboard with embedded power amp. (see the Wiki)

As last resort, for analog video, you can use 1.3Ghz.

1 Like

The trick here is that i need to monitor all of my rovers at once. ie, drone swarm but with rovers and rfd900 in mission planner

@james_pattison do you have any idea how this has been achieved? any documentation for it? I would appreciate it.