RFD900+ Region Lock?

Hello,

I am considering buying some used RFD900+ radios and was wondering if anyone knew whether the RFD900+ has region locks like the newer RFD900x has? I looked for RFD900+ user manual but couldn’t find a specific one dedicated to 900+, there is only one for 900, and that doesn’t mention any region locks. I am traveling to the US soon and was thinking buying some there to use back home in Europe. The firmware on the radios in question is RFD SiK 1.9.

Thanks!

By region locking you mean frequency compliance, i.e. 900MHz vs 868MHz? Pretty sure that’s hardware-dependent. The old RFD models were only available for 900MHz (I think, maybe there are RFD868 somewhere), the newer RFDx are available for 900 and 868MHz. RFD900x and RFD868x, respectively.

Using the “correct” frequency band doesn’t mean you’re compliant with local regulations though. There are also max power requirements, in some cases time limits and various other points you have to adhere to that can be all but impossible to wrap your head around, let alone implement in a piece of hardware that you’ve bought. Make of that what you will.

1 Like

No fw region lock, but the radio stage is different hw for 900Mhz than 886Mhz, so even if you put a SIK 1.9-868Fw on it, it’s performance will be worst than at 900Mhz.

1 Like

Thank you very much!