RFD900+ PWM GPIO ports?

So, does anyone know how the advertised “PWM Input/output” ports work on the RFD900+? I always assumed it was just plug a pwm signal into one of the GPIO ports and output it from the RX side and vice versa, but I tried that with a servo tester and didnt really get any output. I didnt even know that SiK radios were capable of this, but they did advertise it.

For some reason there isnt any mention of PWM in the rfd900+ documentation either.

I guess i’m failing to understand what this means:

“GPIO: 6 General purpose IO (Digital, ADC, PWM capable).”

from the RFD900+ page on rfdesigns

Ever figure this out?

The ATI5 command does not return any GPIO pin states, and ATPP “Shows GPIO configuration and state” does not return anything from a RFD900+.

Yes, remind me next week to check the vehicle physicially for you, but you essentially just plug the PPM port from the RFD900+ to RCIN on the ardupilot hardware. Then you have radio control.

as far as direct passthrough PWM control, havent figured that out no.

From RFdesigns:

“What is needed to do this is “pin mirroring”.
Unfortunately, I was informed not too long ago that the pin mirroring is only implemented on the 900x series and not the 900+ series. There are some commands for checking the state of the pins and changing them to input or output on the 900+ but the pin mirroring was never implemented on these.”

I can confirm I was able to read and write to the pins via AT commands listed in the RFD900x manual. No idea about PWM…

Yes sorry, the 900x is the correct one. as far as the PWM goes, I have no idea. Maybe a PPM decoder on the other end of the RFD900x if your project allows for it. Best of luck.