i made an update of the TXMOD to the current version 2.1.1 today. However, somehow I can not update the internal modem (RFDTxMod-v2_spiffs357.bin).
After the update the status page is displayed like this:
The previous version was 1.4.6 / Spiffs 3.38
Does anyone have a tip?
This was a typical user problem, but also some negligence of RFDesign as far as documentation is concerned.
I have a TXMOD v2.0. This version includes a radio with hardware revision 1.4, but the software version 2.1.1 is only for the TXMOD v2.1 with radio revision 2.x.
After I could clarify this, I flashed the correct firmware via FTDI cable (RFDSiK V3.57 rfd900x.bin). This worked without problems and the two radios could connect again.
However, with the RFD900 tools I now get the following display for each radio modem:
I have two RFD868x (none:unlocked). However, according to the screenshot, an RFD842x is displayed with a completely different frequency.
This makes me wonder if RFDesign can’t simplify the update procedure …
RFDesign replaces the radios because they now think they are RFD842x model …
I have moved this to the RFD hardware category and pinged someone I believe is part of their team in hopes they will help support you. I have given up on RFD TXMOD for these exact reasons.
You also could possibly send back that TXMOD if they would allow it and buy one of these, this kid is awesome and has lots of support, plus the price is great and it runs mavbridge on esp 8266.
@fuego: thanks for moving, but the problem is already fixed by replacement.
Did rfd care to share why things went sideways and why they updated to wrong frequency