Reviewed logs, still lost

Hey everybody, I am a long time user of the Pixhawk, this forum has been invaluable to me in setting up and troubleshooting my various helis. But I have run into the ground, err, a problem tonight. Well, both actually.

I am running a hexa, with the PX4, it’s been running amazingly so far. I am using an APM GPS module, Frsky Taranis and X8R receiver.

While in stabilize mode, I initiated a left turn, then out of nowhere, the heli banks hard left and heads for the dirt. Looking at the log files, I am not seeing anything that would cause this, I dont think. I am seeing my DesRoll line go to zero, and shortly after my Roll line heads for the sky.

I’m a bit lost, I am going to keep looking at it tonight and see if I am missing something, but at this point I am drawing a blank.

This is actually a good thing believe it or not. I have a flight coming up in two weeks, where if this would have happened then, I would lose the heli for good. So figuring this out will be great.

I have attached the log file, as well as a screenshot…

Ok, well my log file is 6 MB, so too large for the APM forum uploader, where do you guys put your files this large for others to review?

Thank you for your help.

I use One Drive but Google drive and other are available.
Past a link here and make sure to set to public access. Later when your issue is resolved you can delete the file.

Make sure you have logging turned up so we can see RCIN/RCOUT and other info.

Mike

[quote=“iseries”]I use One Drive but Google drive and other are available.
Past a link here and make sure to set to public access. Later when your issue is resolved you can delete the file.

Make sure you have logging turned up so we can see RCIN/RCOUT and other info.

Mike[/quote]

Thanks for the info Mike! Here is the log I have from that flight…

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2IyhjcaRYlLakdIcjJUa3NVczQ/view?usp=sharing

Also, I realized that screenshot doesn’t show much, so here is a wider view, too.

I am still at a loss here, if my DesRoll goes to zero, then my Roll should have also gone to zero. In stabilize mode the helicopter should not have continued to roll hard left when the stick was returned to neutral. A failure of an ESC or a motor should not have caused such a hard roll, that’s why I built a hexa, for the extra motors and stability.

I could be looking in the wrong area of the log for answers, I am going to keep digging, but any help you guys might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Cody

After looking deeper, I am still drawing a blank here. From the looks of it the heli saw me go to neutral aileron, and decided “well f*** it, I’m continuing on.” Only broke an arm and GPS mount, so I guess it’s pretty minor. I’ll have to keep a close eye on things.