[RESOLVED] Speedybee F405 Wing Logging Issue

Does anybody have any issue with Speedybee F405Wing FC logging?

Running Plane 4.4.0 and everything seems fine. VTOL aircraft flies ok. Set LOG_BACKEND_TYPE=4 and INS_LOG_BAT_MASK=1, nothing gets logged to dataflash memory. So I put in a microSD card and changed LOG_BACKEND_TYPE=1, still no logs.

Wanted to see if this is a common problem, or did I missed something?

Thanks.

No issues with mine on sd with LOG_BACKEND_TYPE,1.

What version of Ardupilot are you running?

4.4.0 stable. No issues with logging.

I am stumped. Tried 4 different SD cards on 2 different Speedybee F405Wing, one running 4.4.0 stable and one running 4.5.0 dev. The one on 4.5.0 writes an empty file, while the 4.4.0 just doesn’t write anything.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Looks like the issue IS MicroSD incompatibility. Dug up an old 8GB MicroSD and formatted with FAT32. The FC is able to write logs to it. Guess it didn’t like my 32GB cards.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

@steph280 I am also having same issue and most likely SD card related; however, if the logging was not taking place, how did you able to arm the plane?
All my other FC (pixhawk, Matek), they will not arm if logging is failing or atleast I get a message logging fail.
Do you think its a bug?
What were your final parameters? Any changes to logging_Bitmask?

disable logging in ARMING_CHECK. See this thread:

I still can’t get any log files recorded on the SD-Card. I am using a Sandisk 32GB card.
Here are the parameters:

Try these:

Ins_log_bat_opt=4

Ins_log_bat_mask=1

Log_backend_type=1

Log_bitmask (Include all you need)

This does not appear to be a firmware or parameter issue. Try a different (preferably smaller) SD card. Format it to FAT32.

1 Like

Yep, SD card compatibility issue. When thru 2 sd cards didn’t work. 3rd times the charm!

1 Like

here is a support article on the speedybee website for the F405 V3 (same as wing?). it is for inav - not sure if ardupilot is the same…

SpeedyBee F405 V3 SD card support article