Request for seminar on analysis of flight logs

it looks like it only allows for one preference. Using a tool that allows you to select multiple might help find a workable common time?

Hi, this is my first post; i ll be very glad to learn from the masters!! Im one more student!

Hi, Iā€™m also interested. Thanks.

Hello Tridge,

it looks like the top choice for the time of the day is 9:00-11:00am (GMT+10). The next best alternative would be 13:00-15:00, but this is far from ideal for those in the Americasā€¦

As for the day of the week, any day except for Tuesday and Sunday works given your own constraints.

I realize the survey could have been better structured but I believe that we have statistical convergence for at the least the time of the day. When you are ready, letā€™s send a Zoom invitation for a particular date and confirm that people will actually participate.

I put 2 hour windows but clearly we will go with how long you would like to run the seminar.

Would you like me to run after particular logs or do you rather chose them on your own?

Regards

Cem

FYI, Iā€™m preparing a log plus fpv video from Beta4 from a Volantex Ranger EX. Rolling auto-takeoff, autotune which corrects a bad oscillation, successful cruise mode, and successful auto-landing, but 10 or 20 meters to the right of the target landing point. perfect landing, but too far to the right.

Iā€™d really like to understand how to use the logs to improve ground steering (youā€™ll see itā€™s not ideal), ensure my flight pids are good, and diagnose my poor horizontal landing accuracy.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X0SYRelNnO9PAa0toKOGhgTxFYpH-hdU?usp=sharing

You know Iā€™ll be there!

@Albcem thanks Cem!
Letā€™s do this coming Monday Canberra time, 9am (GMT+10). That is Sunday afternoon US time.
Iā€™ll post a zoom invite here just before the meeting. If you can join a few mins before and Iā€™ll add you as a co-host so you can let people in from the waiting room. Weā€™ll need to use the waiting room to lower the chance of being zoom bombed.

if you can gather 3 logs that would be great. Put them somewhere I can get them, and Iā€™ll make sure they arenā€™t corrupt or missing too many messages.
Thanks for organising this!

3 Likes

Sunday afternoon for the USā€¦ Iā€™ll be thereā€¦ not that I can contribute much :slight_smile:

Thank you @tridge @Albcem, I will joinā€¦!!

Thanks a lot for making this happen!

Will there be a recording for anyone who canā€™t make the session?

Yes, itā€™ll be recorded and posted to YouTube

4 Likes

Could the participants or any others point us at log files to be analyzed during the seminar?

For each case you provide,

1. Indicate the type of aircraft and any configuration and equipment customizations you may have implemented. (the more information you provide, the more light we have in running the log analysis)

2. Provide the parameter + log files for the aircraft. Make sure both files are complete without errors.

3. Indicate whether the aircraftā€™s flight characteristics demonstrate any particular issues that you would like to diagnose or have diagnosed. Aircraft at tuning stage are also welcome.

Letā€™s limit the types of cases to aircraft that runs ArduPlane. Cases can be new or those that were already discussed in the forums.

Tridge will select from the provided cases a subset to run the seminar, so please provide your inputs as soon as possible.

Great topic. But ,please ,donā€™t forget to register the seminar for us european :slight_smile:

I also would love to attend it.

We are in need of cases ideally from the actual seminar participants.

A case should include information on aircraft type and model, hardware configuration , specific problems or issues to resolve, log file, parameter file and the firmware in use.

Could some of the participants please send links to your cases?

Thanks

Count me in please :slight_smile:

Count me in, as well.

I am going to attend too. Where are you going to post the link to the meeting?

I would be interested to join too. Since for me it will be on Monday 1:00 AM (CET) I will not manage to join. It would be fantastic if a recording of the seminar could be provided.

Anyhow, great opportunity, thank you very much!