Recommended method to get 5.8 GHz video on mission planner HUD

i have one of these.
Works great

Any advantage or disadvantage with skydroid one? That you can compare ricky?

Hi Aleā€¦ Skydroid has all the advantages but one. This unit is all in one piece which I like. But Skydroid handles more receivers, and thats a big factor in buying. This unit is getting the multi receiver ability, which I just got the other day but is not working for me so right now I would say that Skydroid for the win.

1 Like

You could try Open.HD, FHD/HD video transmission, you can have video and telemetry on whatever display / phone/ MissionPlanner you want.

1 Like

Open.HD Users
This Open.HD group is intended to replace or supplement the Open.HD RCGroups Forum which is outdated and difficult to share media.

1 Like

So its a software you run on Pi? not clear on how it works. Looks like its a combination solution covering telemetry, Video etc. I always find info on Github so confusing. there is no clear explanation on what the solution is all about unless I am overlooking something to read first.

1 Like

basically you have a pi + pi camera/usb camera/IP camera/hdmi out camera(like a Gopro) + a supported Wi-Fi stick, all this in the plane/copter, you have the mavlink stream from fc (TX pin) to pi rx pin.
same setup on ground except camera, you have video from pi hdmi and in parallel with it you can have on phone too (connected through usb/ or through ground pi internal wifi tethering) with osd. Or you can connect MissionPlanner through Ethernet from ground pi.

itā€™s a bit long and some parts are outdated.
you can join the Telegram group also, we are friendly :blush:

1 Like

How about putting together a proper Wiring diagram for newbies like me. I am visual, and an electronics engineer. When people explain electronic diagrams verbally, it drives me little nuts :slight_smile:

Will it support an LTE dongle or is it Wifi only?

This sounds fascinating. I am with Asimā€¦A simple diagram would be peachy.

1 Like

@ausphoto

How does the RPi connect to the RFD900x ? Is the RPi doing any compression ?

What video data rate are you using from the RPi to the TXMOD ?

I went to the Wikki, I need 2 shots of hard liquor and and a cheap Stogie and to try to absorb the info there :slight_smile: What happened to the good old fashion technical document writing skillsā€¦

Yes, I know about the wiki. Iā€™ll try to upload some photos today, Iā€™m in the middle of putting a new system together, so pictures will say more than a wiring drawing.

1 Like

Iā€™ve known this system for quite a while, itā€™s the successor of EZ-Wifibroadcast, maybe you can also find some information thereā€¦

Personally I really like this solution since itā€™s the only open source all in one streaming solution, you can even send the Rc commands via Mavlink.

I would just like to have an AV in connector at the pi, so I can use my existing cameras. Although I have to admit that Iā€™ve never tried it with a capture card, since I heard that over USB there is a delay. And I only tried WiFibroadcast, which doesnā€™t have USB support out of the box

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply here, I got too busy after making this post. Do you have some more specifics available for what youā€™re using (e.g. Raspberry Pi model; what is your method for streaming to tablet/laptop)? Thanks for your help.

Hi, thanks for the information on Open.HD. Did you ever have a chance to upload some photos somewhere? Iā€™d be interested in seeing exactly how you have this setup, especially as you are using it in the field. Iā€™ve seen your recent posts in the Telegram group, but to be honest I have no idea how that type of community works. Thought I replied to one of your messages, but just forwarded it back to the entire group, lol.