Recommendation for camera module compatible with Pixhawk

Hi,

I am doing my dissertation about control system based On-board Vision system, and i choose the quadcoter as a platform to do my experiments. i am using pixhawk autopilot and i need a recommendation for a camera module has microcontroller to make on-board image processing and could be connected with Pixhawk via UART to control the quadcopter based on computer vision system.

Thank You
Mohamed Abutaleb

Hi Mohamed,

Have a look at these…

PX4 optical Flow Sensor
142,79€
Price without tax: 118,01€

PX4Flow is an optical flow smart camera.
This module allows a precise movement control and position hold.
It has a native resolution of 752×480 pixels and calculates optical flow on a 4x binned and cropped area at 250 Hz (bright, outdoors), giving it a very high light sensitivy.
Unlike many mouse sensors, it also works indoors and in low outdoor light conditions without the need for an illumination LED at 120 Hz (dark, indoors). It can be freely reprogrammed to do any other basic, efficient low-level computer vision task.

168 MHz Cortex M4F CPU (128 + 64 KB RAM) 752×480 MT9V034 image sensor, L3GD20 3D Gyro 16 mm M12 lens (IR block filter) Source code will be available shortly, comes with planar flow for position hold programmed

thank you for your repaying
however iam searching for something alternative due to some difficulties to buy this where it is need 21 day to bring in uk.

Regards

The shop is located in Belgium, so 21 day’s delivery to the UK sounds rather long to me…

i checked almost the store’s website in Europe and all of them out of stock if you have website for store has this camera plz send me the link.

3DR will ship with FedEx and it will be in UK in a few days.