Rear Differential - Brake

Hello everyone!
I need some help.
I’m using an orange Pixhawk cube on my rover, and I can’t find a function :
When I want to brake, I lower the joystick, but the motors go into reverse. I’d like to have a time between the two, braking and then a second press down to brake?
Thank you for your help.
Ben

Hello Ben. What motors and drivers do you use?

1 Like

Hello Evgeny,
I use a Traxxas Xmax chassis and engine for my ROVER. The motors are brushless. I have the brakes on reverse (then reverse on the second press) when I use my Taranis and the TBS nano diversity, but when I use the Cube, I can’t find the function. My Rover doesn’t brake, it only slows down in reverse.
Any ideas?
Thx

Unfortunately, I’m not familiar with the Traxxas Xmax. Maybe you have the option to turn on the brake via a relay? I built a rover on wheels from a hoverboard and drivers from an electric bike. The drivers have a separate wire that is responsible for the direction of movement: +5 volts - the rover moves forward, 0 volts - the rover moves backward. The brake is also implemented (but I have not configured it yet).

I don’t think you’re going to get what you want on the throttle out channel. In ArduPilot, that’s throttle only, and there is no autopilot expectation of braking by “double clicking.”

If you want braking, you’ll need to use a separate relay or servo output. If you want automatic braking, you’ll probably have to write a script to handle it.

It sounds like you are trying to put an autopilot into the loop and then just manually drive, which sort of defeats the purpose.