Real world Problem ! For GSOC 2019

hey !
i am going to join GSOC in this summer i have quite a experience in building drone (X8_X4) !
so here the problem i would like to put forward .
making a new option of - *Lost Mode * in mission planner.
while flying my drone over the field recently my drone’s one arm broke in its flight ! and i have attached GPS, and other things(arducopter,other ) but as it fall in place where long plants were there
so using GPS was of no use so finding it with my own eyes was really difficult as there no sign created by the drone when it was stuck. i tried arm pairing(just very short time) and all to have some sounds and use throttle for motor vibrations but they were of no use . i have almost lost all my investment in once.

so what if we have one lost mode in mission planner ?
it will have things like creating sounds(code using esc , etc.) for further option would love to discuss.

if any mentor of gsoc is ready to help me out and work as my mentor (if he finds its interesting thing to add !) in this it will be appreciated . my mail id tumunshaily@gmail.com

for languages i have know in python,c,c++,java ; tools - ardunio ide , etc

pairing(just very short time) and all to have some sounds and use throttle for motor vibrations but they were of no use . i have almost lost all my
investment in once.

Really sorry to hear that.

so what if we have one lost mode in mission planner ?

Not really sure what MP has to do with this; if MP can see/affect your
vehicle then you’re probably OK.

it will have things like creating sounds(code using esc , etc.) for further option would love to discuss.

You might like to check out ArduCopter’s existing “lost vehicle”
functionality. In particular, CHn_OPT 30 - lost copter sound.

You can also trigger the lost-vehicle alarm with an apparently
super-secret stick gesture if you don’t have it on a switch:

// ensure throttle is down, motors not armed, pitch and roll rc at 

max. Note: rc1=roll rc2=pitch

if any mentor of gsoc is ready to help me out and work as my mentor (if he finds its interesting thing to add !) in this it will be appreciated . my mail
id tumunshaily@gmail.com

I look forward to seeing a proposal from you! I’m not sure there’s enough
work required on lost-vehicle stuff to warrant a GSoC application - but
feel free to describe what you’re thinking here if you think there might
be.