Read in battery voltage to RC

Hi.

My setup has an orange cube and a power brick.
I would like to monitor Vbat on my conventional RC.
It’s a FrSky RC and a R4 receiver.
I see two options:

1. The receiver can take the voltage sensing signal on analog in AIN.
    Does anyone have a schematics or design of the power brick? I would solder another connector to V sense then and feed to AIN.

2. I could feed s.port from the cube back to the receiver, no?
    That way I might also send any other data. Maybe the more elegant way.

Any opinions/recommendations?
Any instruction how to configure such s.port?

Best, Michael

Which RC transmitter exactly?

The R4 should have a S-PORT (or F-PORT) connection which is essentially telemetry back to the transmitter.
Ideally you will set up YAAPU Telemetry on the transmitter, and some small amount of config on the aircraft, this way there is no interferance with the analog voltage sense signal, plus you will get LOTS more data from the flight controller. And you’ll end up with this:

or this

depending on which transmitter you have.

Thank you. Yes. Seems the better option.

Transmitter is a Taranis X9D+ 2019 ACCESS.

OK, then you can follow the X9D instructions on the YAAPU github site to get the widget and all installed, it’s not necessarily the easiest or quickest thing you’ll ever do, go carefully and persist and you wont have to do it again.
On the flight controller you need a serial (Telem) port Tx pin wired to the F-Port/S-Port input of the receiver.

How you do this depends on the flight controller you have - let us know!

S-Port is the telemetry only form of connection.
F-Port is RC(SBUS) and bidirectional data all over one wire.

If your flight controller is capable then F-Port is the way to go.

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-connecting-sport-fport.html#connecting-to-frsky-sport-and-fport

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-FPort-receivers.html#fport-receivers

A WARNING though! Once you get this working, you’ll want to add a flight controller and receiver with telemetry to the dog, the kids, your car, bicycle… you wont be able to ever fly anything again without yaapu telemetry.