RE: Using the BBBlue and ArduCopter on Linux

Ok well it looks like arducopter is running ok, just not connecting properly with your ground station. Check your port, network and firewall settings.

Okay…

Thank you for returning service. I will check those items.

Seth

Oh stating the obvious perhaps, but you need to run ardupilot with a parameter -A or -C and the output port to connect to a groundstation, otherwise it will just merrily work on the bbb and print the mavlink messages to the console (perhaps what you are seeing)

@SuzL

Hello…I got the ground station to connect. I am waiting on some parts now but I soon plan to apply the hardware and test things out. I will reply back here.

Seth

P.S. I was seeing MavLink dumps on the terminal on the BBBlue but it seems I was still connected, i.e. at least it showed on ArduPilot that I was connected w/out issues.

Hello,

This is Seth. For some reason, I could not remember how I signed in the first time. Anyway, I will keep everyone updated, i.e. as though I am the most important person. Ha!

Seth

P.S. I got my equipment in. I just need to solder on some items and check the compatibility w/ all my hardware. Updates to come soon. Sorry for the odd update.

Hello,

I got most of the soldering done on my new machine. I have to connect the 8/16 channel receiver to the ESCs and then go to ArduPilot and configure my ESCs, too.

What is a good method for testing the motors? Should I attache them to something and then run a test flight w/ the motors stationary?

Anyway, if you all get bored and want to reply, please do, e.g. as I can use all forms of input these days.

Seth

P.S. I am still using the BeagleBone Blue, a already-built, carbon fiber build for the quad-copter, and ArduPilot to get up and running.

Hello Sir @ppoirier,

I listened to this GitHub.com page online, https://github.com/imfatant/test, all while forgetting that my system on the BBBlue almost was working, i.e. except for the config. of the ESCs.

Anyway…

I totally forgot what I did to make my machine work. I know I should have taken notes now.

So…

I was wondering how I could make the waf cmd available on my BBBlue Linux Distro…

Do you know how to get the waf cmd available for Linux Distros?

Seth

scan:669: scan past end of eeprom
scan:669: scan past end of eeprom
RCOutputAioPRU.cpp:SIGBUS error gernerated

Hello…

Just for reference, the above error was generated from the cmd sudo ./ardurover.

Seth

you need to get the pru activated in the /boot/uEnv.txt
Pleas make sure you have the right image , for the blue it is generally the IOT Image

Yes better take notes… that is what I allways do

Hello Sir,

I did. I listened to the cmd to make the available u-boot overlay in my uEnv.txt file. I also erased everything and started from scratch. Um…I saw on the Gitter channel that another person was having this issue. @ppoirier, I think you were on this Gitter channel and looking into it.

If you find out anything, please let me know.

I will make sure I take notes this time to make sure of my advancement on this subject.

Seth

P.S. I will keep plugging at it until I hear something back.