RC transmitter or Joystick directly by cable to the FC

Hello,
is there any way to connect an RC transmitter directly by cable to the FC, like an umbilical cord?
If yes, what is the maximum length of this cable?
One more question, is there any converter from usb to PPM or Sbus? To connect a usb joystick or gamepad to the FC RCin?
Grateful

probably not. maybe joystick β†’ GCS β†’ (by usb) FC

1 Like

The USB cable has a maximum length of 5 meters , this happens because the maximum time allowed for a round trip on the cable is 1500ns, when this limit is exceeded it is considered that the information has been lost.
I’m thinking about the possibility of using a USB or Serial to fiber optic converter like these:

https://www.transwan.com.cn/products/usb-3-0-fiber-optic-extender-over-om1-om3-multimode -fiber-optic-cable?pr_prod_strat=copurchase_transfer_learning&pr_rec_id=6792ba09b&pr_rec_pid=6544508452926&pr_ref_pid=6642651103294&pr_seq=uniform

The problem is the price!

i think another alternative in the near future would be ethernet cable. @MagicRuB

if your FC has it, like the pixhawk 6x: Pixhawk 6X Autopilot Flight Controller – Holybro

Why would you want to do that?

maybe quick and easy testing, or they somehow have a wireless setup that mimics a directly connected controller.

@lordvon I don’t have a controller with an ethernet port, only a pixhawk 2.4.8 and a pixpilot v3 that I got from mfe.
@dkemxr The initial idea is to control an FC by cable, later a submarine.

I guess then you have read the Tether section in Ardusub.