RC not calibrated Error

Greetings;

I have an ardupilot 2.6 and we have calibrated it. We also had our motors respond to it at some point, but now the ardupilot gives us RC not calibrated error. This happened when we removed the external GPS and compass while the ardupilot was powered on. It is not calibrating again, because channel 5 cannot see the joystick change like the other channels. To be more precise, channel 5 only moves from 900 to 901 on mission planner, while channels 1 to 4 (throttle, pitch, roll, and yaw) vary between 900 to 1900. In fact channels 5 to 8 cannot seem to vary with joystick manipulation. What seems to be the problem. Is it software(Atmega 2560) or hardware such as short circuit with in the APM.

Thank you loads in advance :slight_smile:

Right…

Channels 5-8 are not controlled by the joysticks on your transmitter… Only channels 1-4 do this.
Channel 5 is usually for flight mode change i.e. from '‘stabilise’ to ‘loiter’ - this is usually controlled by one of the switches on your transmitter - often a 3 position switch (depending on your transmitter)

look here:
copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/flying … ght-modes/
and here:
copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/initia … -hardware/

Perform your calibration again in mission planner, and this time after moving all your sticks to their full extents, operate all your switches… you should see one of the channels move… (assuming you have actually connected channel 5 from your receiver to the APM board)

[quote=“squeal0”]Right…

Channels 5-8 are not controlled by the joysticks on your transmitter… Only channels 1-4 do this.
Channel 5 is usually for flight mode change i.e. from '‘stabilise’ to ‘loiter’ - this is usually controlled by one of the switches on your transmitter - often a 3 position switch (depending on your transmitter)

look here:
copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/flying … ght-modes/
and here:
copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/initia … -hardware/

Perform your calibration again in mission planner, and this time after moving all your sticks to their full extents, operate all your switches… you should see one of the channels move… (assuming you have actually connected channel 5 from your receiver to the APM board)[/quote]

We calibrated channel 5 before using a switch. We are using a joystick connected to our PC via USB. The means of communication between PC and ardupilot is 433MHz RC. But now neither switches work on channel 5, although they work on channels 1 to 4. I am confused because it worked before. No reason it shouldnt work now.
This is basically how we did it
copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … ontroller/

Thank you again

Hmm… can’t say I’m familiar with using a game pad with an rc drone…
I imagine it would not be a great idea (just my humble opinion) as I’m sure there would be significant lag or latency - which would not be pleasant…

Good luck with it though, and hopefully someone else will be along who is more familiar…