RC can't work on kakute F7 mini V2

Hello everyone!

I started to learn ardupilot recently. I use the holybro kakute F7 Mini V2 and SBUS / s-fhss protocol receiver. I soldered it on R6 pin according to the document (Holybro Kakute F7 Mini — Copter documentation), and the BRD_ALT_CONFIG=1, but it can’t work.

Please help me analyze the possible situation. Firmware is 4.1.0, param is here:
HlybroHakuteF7_mini_v2_param_2110141339.param (18.2 KB)

PS: it works fine on Betaflight.

thanks.

Your setup looks right, can you post a link to your receiver?

The product description says that it is a Superlink brand, but I can’t find the official link. The picture is as follows:

The receiver can work fine on BF, with the SBUS protocol.

I also have a TBS nano receiver. I tried to solded it to R6/T6 and set serial6_protocol to crossfire, but also can’t work. :sweat:

Try the nano receiver again but leave serial protocol at 23 - crossfire protocol is only for VTX

still can’t work…

Is the nano set to CRSF RX/TX for those outputs?

Yes, It’s work fine when I flash to BF firmware

It seems strange - I have that setup working perfectly. If I get a chance I will try a nano here on those outputs just to check.

I also think this is a very strange problem. It shouldn’t happen. I’ll try solder nano receiver to R4/T4, maybe R6 not working in my board…

R4/T4 cannot work. but I load the “Plane 4.1.1 Official” firmware to the board, the nano receiver is working fine! :heart_eyes:

And I load the “Copter 4.1.0 Official” firmware to the board, the Nano receiver also working fine now…

I don’t know what happened… But it’s working now… :rofl:

I found another FlySky receiver today, which also works, probably the receiver I first picked wasn’t very good.

Anyway, thank you very much! :+1:

hello, I have similar problem, still pulling my hair because I’m not sure what I did wrong.
My hardware is Kakute F7 mini (V1) with frsky R-XSR (ACCST) running 2.1.0 firmware on SBUS. SBUS connected to RX6 and S.Port to TX6.

Here’s the summary:
with copter 4.1.0 and 4.1.1 I cannot get SBUS and/ or passthrough telemetry working. F.Port is working fine, but I cannot use F.Port because frsky doesn’t fix their firmware.
with copter 4.0.7 and plane 4.1.1 SBUS and passthrough telemetry works fine.

Here’s how it behave:
The first time it boots after firmware flashing to 4.1.0 and 4.1.1 (I flashed with_bl.hex) it received RC input from my radio. This is on default setting SERIAL6_PROTOCOL=23
After reboot or power cycle, RC input is somehow frozen, throttle at 982, even when I moved my sticks nothing changed.
I then proceed to change parameters to match my setting from my 4.0.7
SERIAL6_PROTOCOL=10
SERIAL6_OPTIONS=7
SERIAL6_BAUD=57
after reboot, all rc input reading = 0. yaapu seems to receive some telemetry data but immediately got “sensors lost” notice.

I reverted back to copter 4.0.7 and it seems to be working fine. I tried plane 4.1.1 and it also worked fine.

I suspect there’s something on the copter 4.1 build for kakute f7 mini, my pixracer flashed with copter 4.1.0 seems to be fine.

Please help, thank you

Try BRD_ALT_CONFIG=1 ? from Holybro Kakute F7 Mini — Copter documentation

My receiver has 3 wires only, not need the TX6. maybe your receiver need this setting.

ah sorry, I should have mentioned I did tried that and it didn’t work. Just SBUS without telemetry didn’t even work. I’ll try different port, maybe my RX6 has issue.

today I tried updating from 4.0.7 to 4.1.1 using .apj (instead of flashing with_bl.hex). Results are pretty interesting:

SBUS IN finally can be read!
using serial 4 or serial 6 with these parameters, I can finally get RC input from SBUS
SERIALx_PROTOCOL=23
SERIALx_OPTIONS=0
SERIALx_BAUD=115
changing BRD_ALT_CONFIG to 0 or 1 did not affect this

I have telemetry working, but no RC IN
using Serial4 or Serial6, telemetry only works IF SBUS is not connected to Rx port. Once SBUS is connected, taranis get “sensor lost” and no telemetry nor rc in. Parameters as follow:
BRD_ALT_CONFIG=1
SERIALx_PROTOCOL=10
SERIALx_OPTIONS=7
SERIALx_BAUD=57

FPort does not work at all, unless I flash with_bl.hex. Once I flashed with_bl.hex I cannot get any RC IN, even with SERIALx_PROTOCOL=23

Serial1 and Serial2 does not work with protocol=23 or 10. I guess this is expected??

Out of curiosity, I connected SBUS to Rx6 and SPort to Tx4, then set
SERIAL6_PROTOCOL=23
SERIAL4_PROTOCOL=10
SERIAL4_OPTIONS=7
yep, nothing of course. I think I should have shorted Rx4 and Tx4 together, then connect it to SPort and change the Serialx_Options??

Would be nice if there is solution to this, but for now I’ll stick with 4.0.7

I’m afraid I don’t have any FrSky gear so cannot try any of this - the kit that I have - CRSF, DSMX, SRXL2 all works well on this board

Fport works for me with this board and a Frsky R9MM-OTA. Parameter file if it helps:
Leopard 4.1.1.param (15.5 KB)

Note: I noticed I didn’t have RSSI enabled. Set it to 3 it works.

Edit: Not that it matters really because the Frysky ecosystem is such a mess but FYI I’m using the ACCST Fport version.

Yes, I confirmed that FPort works if I flashed the hex file. With upgrading using .apj FPort did not work.

I cannot use FPort with my R-XSR due to frsky did not bother to fix their firmware (2.1.0 ACCST has latency issue and 2.1.1 has telemetry issue). Maybe it is time to change into new radio

Nonetheless, 4.0.7 works with SBUS and SPort