Rangefinder Anomaly in Mission Planner 1.3.48.3 + AC 3.5

I came across an interesting anomaly in Mission Planner 1.3.48.3 running on Windows 10 Pro when connected to an original 3DR Pixhawk with Arducopter 3.5.0-rc9 and a Lidar Lite rangefinder (1st gen.)

The Lidar Lite was originally calibrated in Mission Planner 1.3.48.3 on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 system. When the copter is sitting on the ground and connected to MP via the Windows 7 machine, MP correctly reports the Sonar Range as 0.21m. However, when that exact same copter is connected to a different PC running Windows 10 Pro and the same release of MP (1.3.48.3), Sonar Range [erroneously] reports the distance between the Lidar Lite and the ground as 0.69m (a bit more than 3x greater.) Note the copter isn’t moving, I’m literally moving the USB cable from one PC to another. Also, peeking into the Full Parameter List indicates the value for RNGFND_SCALING is unchanged in both instances and remains set to 0.5 m/V

most likerly a usb power issue. but thats a guess

Thanks for the reply, Michael. Maybe, but I would say it’s doubtful as the battery was connected which means the USB ports should have been providing only the current required for data.

I’ve gone back to AC 3.4 but will try again with both USB and radio links to see what happens.

I have exactly the same problem right now.

Mission Planner 1.3.70
Arducopter 4.0.3

Sonar Range in Mission Planner reads just over 3 x rangerfinder1 or rangefinder2.

Also, the altitude is out by approximatly the same (3x).

Did you find the issue?