Radiomaster R161 and Yaapu

Hello everyone the last days i build my newest Quad and everything works fine except the telemetry over Yaapu.

My Setup:

• TX16S with EdgeTX 2.8 (4-in-1 Module Firmware 1.3.3.20)
  • Yaapu Widget 2.0.0 beta2 (commit d23ad61)
  • Mateksys F405-Mini TE
  • ArduCopter version 4.4.0

My SBUS is working fine using the Sbs Port (UART 2) on the FC.
For my Smart-Port tried almost everything.

My last attempts were connecting S.Port over an self soldered inverter with the 74HC04 IC (and a diode 1N4002) and also using the hacked uninverted S.Port of the R161.
I can clearly see that the uninverted S.Port is correct.

This is the inverted output (exposed on the JST Connector)

I used UART6 for each try, but also already tried i.e. UART3.
The Serial Protocol i tested 4 (Frky S.Port) and mostly 10 (Pass-through).
Baud Rate was everytime 57.
Because of the F4 FC i don’t really have any serial options. When connecting the hacked S.Port I set it to HalfDuplex and connected the wire to UART6_TX. In case of the inverter i don’t used any options and connected RX and TX to the IC. Weirdly i don’t had any signals on the TX line coming from the FC.

My Receiver can discover 5 Sensors A2, RSSI, TRSS, TQly and RxBt. The Yaapu widget says no telemetry data.

I am currently completly lost and really don’t know where i should start to dig deeper.

Alright first update:

This is working now. It’s my first Matek FC and the ArduPilot Mappings are different. UART6 != Serial 6. Using the converter still no success. Trying everything else again.

Using the non inverted pad and connected to UART6 (Serial 5) with the following settings

• SERIAL5_BAUD=57
  • SERIAL5_OPTIONS=7
  • SERIAL5_PROTOCOL=10
    still no success. Can’t discover new sensors. Yaapu Debug Script has no data.

This is the Half Duplex Signal

Maybe ping @yaapu? :sweat_smile: