Radio failsafe with CRSF (continuation of discussion from 4.1)

Thats very interesting. I didnt notice how yaapu was doing on mine.
Of course we could set RC_FS_TIMEOUT to 7 seconds but its not a good fix. Could be a disaster, 7 seconds in stabilize. I have mine set to 1s.

This is with 4.4.4? I was going to try a flight today with a 4.5 beta. Nano diversity 6.19.

Im on a ā€˜modifiedā€™ 4.4.4 from @andyp1per that unloads the FC a bit. There were reports of RC failsafe caused by this issue. Im not sure if I had this problem, amongst all the others. This fix should be in 4.5

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll be downgrading to 6.19 too then, and try a custom latest build along with it.

I would try V4.5 beta2 1st.

Ok, then Iā€™ll do that. Whatā€™s the advantage?

Same fix I think as @Vince_Hogg suggested and quite a few other things.
This is my plan anyway.

Ok, I always assumed latest includes everything that has been added up to today.

It does and and potentially a bunch of other untested things. With regards to this issue I donā€™t think there is a compelling reason to use the dev/latest version. Unless Andy says otherwise of course!

I decided to become a Latest fan again after what happened to me last year: After using Latest for years and without any problems (other than the occasional odd version that lacked CRSF support), I thought I might as well use Stable as there were no brandnew features I wanted to try out. As a result a plane got wrecked (but at least found) due to a bug that had already been fixed in Latest, but not yet in Stable.

Of course the whole thing could also happen the other way round, but my personal statistics recommend using Stable.

Generally yes or a Beta if it adds something useful.

So I downgraded CRSF to 6.19 and updated AP to 4.5 Beta 2, still the same: All sensors are there but nothing in Yaapu. I tried all the usual tricks (re-enabling CRSF in settings, rebooting, starting AP before TX, checked RC_OPTIONS etc). In MP, it shows messages like ā€œCRSFv3: Link rate 150Hz, Telemetry rateā€¦ā€ so it should work?

This is a new radio, so Yaapu has never run successfully on it so far - is there anything I might have overlooked while installing it/setting it up?

What radio? The usual problem is enabling CRSF in the Yaapu settings. Maybe thatā€™s what you did, not sure of the re-enabling context. I

I found that after changing anything, to be sure it works, or doesnā€™t, you need to depower everything. And mine never works if I power up the drone first. Only works if TX first. Mines a X20s running Ethos and the CRSF LUA basically doesnā€™t work. I do all settings on the CRSF small screen.

My nice new TX16S with metal gimbals, see above. My old TX16S, still running OpenTX, was stolen. I transferred models and also the Yaapu profiles to the new one (from a backup). All settings were just like before.

Over the years I found that switching CRSF support off and on in Yaapu settings sometimes makes it work, but not this time.

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit, itā€™s something for the Yaapu thread, but I was expecting it to be solved quickly.

It was with 4.4.4. I havenā€™t tried the betas yet. At the rate the weather is going 4.5 might be stable by the time I can fly again.

My flight today went w/o incident.
Nano Diversity 6.19, Arducopter 4.5.0-beta2

1 Like

Just had another flight without indecent. About 40 mins and 11km (repeating auto route) with quad. The only change since problem flights has been moving the CRSF from UART 7 to UART 4.
Still expecting to eat my words at some point.

I guess the TX power is not recorded in the logs out of interest?

1 Like

No. I wonder if itā€™s a field in EdgeTx logs? I havenā€™t recorded one of those for awhile.

Probably it in in the TX SC card if its set up properly. Ive never really bothered with it.