Radio Calibration says my radio is not active or turned off

I received this error message.

ERROR 2015-04-02T11:01:23.738 “isRadioControlActive: Error Channel 7 out of range: rcValue=898.000000”

I can do some tests and get cleaner logs tomorrow.

Why is channel 7 outputting anything on a 6 channel rx, and why so low? Can you set it higher in the radio?

@bill: No idea… I did not find any settings in the Radio. As you can see in the screenshots of failsafe, there is a signal on channel 7. If I power off the Radio, all values go to 0. I really don’t know why there is a signal on channel 7.

I had again a look to mission planner. It also reports a value of 898 on channel 7, but I think it does not check the values for validity or there are other limits, so there is no problem to calibrate. I asked google about the 7th channel of the DSMX Satellite receiver, but I did not find anything, why should it have a 7th channel if there is none :question: Perhaps it’s a problem of the pixhawk?

I’ll add a fix in to accept that value. I recently added the value checking code so calibration would not set out of range values. Thanks to the reports I can tweak that to work. I’ll post when a fix is submitted.

I’ve put a fix in, you can download a version with it in here, let me know if it works. Thx

firmware.diydrones.com/Tools/APM … 4b_osx.dmg

[edited: the first link was the wrong one. D’oh]

It works now perfectly :wink:
Thank you very much, keep this cool project go on!