Questions about frame type OCTO QUAD V?

Hi all,
I’m thinking to construct a octocopter with frame type OCTO QUAD V for filming uses. I have the following questions:

• The angles of construction must be specific (a1=90 and a2=90 degrees for example etc.)?
  • This configuration will it have a reduced performance, if compared to OCTO QUAD X8?
  • I was flying flied quadcopters on the past. So, the PID tuning of these aircrafts is difficult?
  • Can I use different angle configurations, such as a2>a1?
    Thank you!!!

My recommendation would be to just use the normal octo quad mixer, motor positions are not important, it falls out in the PIDs.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that is better to use the classic OCTO QUAD X8 frame type???

Correct, the V mixer does slightly odd things with yaw.

Sir,
I would like to build a unique octocopter with unusual frame type. Can you suggest me a alternative frame type? Otherwise, I will build a traditional OCTO QUAD X. In this case, the angles would be equal to 45 degrees?
Really thank you!!!

Hard to say without seeing your frame, but 99% of the time the standard X frames are the best.

One last question Sir.
If the frame type has placed with low angle and the COG is in different position, would it be a big difference? What do you think Sir?

GC should always be as close to the geometric center of the motors as possible. I would not expect one frame type to handle a CG offset better than another.

This configuration with small angle dif

This configuration with small angle difference would be a problem???

No, use Octoquad X

Ok thank you Sir for your reply!!!