Question about camera gimbal

I’m using V4.2.3 Stable - Pixhawk 4. For camera gimbal, can it be enabled by pressing a button on the remote and turn it off with a button? Like switching mode, motor emergency stop.

Please update to ArduCopter 4.3.6

1 Like

Thank you. But 4.3.x can not select camera gimbal type as a servo.

@rmackay9 this user needs help with a servo gimbal. But it is fully documented in the wiki, right?

@xiaoditao please read the “ArduCopter Gimbal documentation”. ArduCopter 4.3.6 has better servo gimbal support than 4.2.x

2 Likes

@xiaoditao,

If possible it would be better to use 4.3 and the setup is described here on the wiki.

I suspect the problem is that you’re unable to use MP’s camera gimbal setup screen because the drop-downs and fields are greyed out. This is a known issue caused by MP being out-of-date with the new parameter names that AP is using. The servo gimbal can be setup but unfortunately you’ll need to directly set the parameters using MP’s Full Parameter Tree (or Full Parameter List) screen.

2 Likes

Is Mission Planner going to be updated so the Camera Gimbal setup page will work with Arducopter v4.4.4?

In the meantime what are the parameter names for the Servo Limits and Shutter settings on the Camera Gimbal page:
Servo Limits
Min
Max

Shutter
Pushed
Not Pushed
Duration

Hi @bisenberger,

I’m afraid I can’t make any promises about if/when MP will be updated but I’ve added it to the 4.5 issues list.

Thanks @rmackay9, appreciate all the work you guys do :+1:.

My camera trigger settings for Arducopter v4.4.4:

Seagull MAP2 (from Seagull support):
These should be the parameters to look for (SERVOx is currently at AUX2):
CAM1_TYPE → 1
CAM1_SERVO_ON → 1800
CAM1_SERVO_OFF → 1500
CAM1_DURATION → 0.1
SERVO10_FUNCTION → 10
SERVO10_MAX → 2000
SERVO10_MIN → 1000
SERVO10_TRIM → 1500

Tuffwing CHDK camera trigger: