Quadcopter high vibrations after 30 seconds

Greetings. I have a case of beer ready for anyone who can troubleshoot my problem with me.

Hardware. = Durandal FC, Flycolour blheli32 35 Amp ESC’s. Dshot 600 setup. 530 kv motors spinning 11inch props and 6S 6000mah battery.

Drone takes off fine with not noticeable issue with motors. Then after severl saeconds, about 20 or 30 there is a noticeable cahnge in the engine sound accompaanied by an increase in vibrations.

I can not see anything mechanically wrong with the drone. There were a couple of loose motor screws that I had to tighten but apart from that I do not see anything out of the ordinary with the motors.

I’ve added my log and video.

So my thinking is that there might be an issue with my blheli setup?

I did get an error in Blheki 32 stating " invalid min/max throttle value, will be set to default"

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Rqu54e1dHaqHoIINvvuTwMGijy6kbJv1?usp=sharing

You try re calibration of esc or check other esc or ecs calibration d300

There is some problem because you are not getting ESC RPM thru Bdshot. Not sure if it’s causing this instant output oscillation that you can clearly see:

Otherwise I would say drop the Rate Pitch/Roll PID’s by half and see if this is still witnessed.

Dshot is not calibrated. No beer for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

The ESC’s does not have a telemetry cable. Might that be a reason or might it be a setup issue?

For some telemetry yes but if it’s a BLheli_32 ESC using a Dshot protocol ESC RPM should be available thru Bdshot which he is using. And it’s not in the log.

Ok so where can I go to fix this. I can only imagine that its a software settings somewhere?

I wonder. Can I try and lowering from Dshot 600 to maybe Dshot150?

………

Which ESC exactly?

You have to configure this for the outputs being used. It’s a bit mask.
SERVO_BLH_BDMASK,0

This should provide ESC RPM. But, I doubt it has much relevance to the output oscillation problem.

OK, so change the parameter.
Change SERVO_DSHOT_RATE to 1 while you are at it.

Dshot600 is usually the most reliable unless you are using the main outputs with Development code that allows Dshot on them.

OK set it back to 600 and dshot rate to 1

Try a short flight and see if there is ESC RPM in the log. That at least will solve that problem and provide the reference for the Notch Filter when you configure it. If you didn’t figure it out already the Bdshot bitmask for chan 9-12 is 3840

yes going to see if i get a log by arming it quicsk. What is the parameter to check that?

ESC>

using MP i set selected ESC1 to monitor rpm and nothing

The fact that there is an ESC field is better than what you had. Did you fly it?

Something odd here with the RC Inputs. Were you making these quick stick changes? The 1st Yaw drop was when the oscillation starts.

Yes it happens after I move the sticks and it doesn’t stop until I land and disarm