Quad tends to Yaw

Currently I’m flying my quadcopter and recently it tends to perform yaw even tho I’m not moving the yaw stick.
This is the log graph for my Yaw, and DesYaw.

May I ask what can i do to correct this issue?

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/Tuck3rz/Yawn.png

please post a dataflash log…much easier to analyse than your picture.

Hi rabbit, thanks for the reply and attached in this reply is the logs for that flight

cheers,

Unfortunately not many logs types are enabled…BUT, I see you have some D in your yaw PID…try setting it to 0. I don’t think I have ever seen a non 0 yaw D before, and I understand it can cause side effects.

Hi there,

What sort of logs should i be enabling, because currently I set it to the default in (LOG_BITMask)

I have attached a new flight logs, this time round I have a better response in yaw but there is still a slight auto yaw from my quadcopter. On the new logs there are Err: EKF_Check-2/0, may i ask what are those? I have read slightly and it is mostly use for pihawk ?

A question, how do you see the D i have set for PID for yaw in logs? also I have never changed any PID for my APM before hence I do not really understand the difference between non 0 or 0. Any place in which i can read this up on?

Hi,

If its pix hawk I would say set it to most including RCout, if its APM its a bit trickier to recommends as the logs can affect performance.

I use mission planner rather than APM planner, but I think its similar if you use APM planner. Opening the log you can see the table of numbers, scroll down until you see rate_yaw_d (row 160 or so), this is where it is recorded…but this isn’t the one you edit. You edit the one on the extended tuning page (or similar name I can’t remember the exact name).

Did you get it second hand or something? you yaw values aren’t default as far as I can tell. P and I are close to default. Initially try D at 0. Your second log still shows D as non zero so I guess you haven’t touched it yet. If you did it looks like you didn’t write the parameters. Although the second log looks beter I think getting rid of D will make it better.

Roger, I’ll get the changes and check if there is a better improvement! thanks for the assistance

Hi rabbit, from the new graph (104.logs) i look at both my pich and roll graphs, looking at line no 6400-7000 for example, there are always a Roll and Yaw where theres DesRoll and DesYaw, i.e it is working same as what I have control.

However around 6700-7000 there are roll and yaw when there is a 0 in DesRoll and DesYaw, how should i go about in solving this? Do I need to do a Savetrim or autotuning as shown in Arducopter? I’ve yet to perform any of this for my quadcopter before.

[quote=“Tuck3rz”]Hi rabbit, from the new graph (104.logs) i look at both my pich and roll graphs, looking at line no 6400-7000 for example, there are always a Roll and Yaw where theres DesRoll and DesYaw, i.e it is working same as what I have control.

However around 6700-7000 there are roll and yaw when there is a 0 in DesRoll and DesYaw, how should i go about in solving this? Do I need to do a Savetrim or autotuning as shown in Arducopter? I’ve yet to perform any of this for my quadcopter before.[/quote]

Probably just needs tuning, the control looks a bit loose. Try auto tune and see how you like it.

I have attached the latest flight I have obtained, Changes made was the Yaw PID ‘D’ changed to 0. And after which the logs for the DesYaw and Yaw seems pretty decent.

However the Roll and pitch graphs seems pretty out of sync

You still don’t have many logs enables so hard to examine, but your yaw isn’t that brilliant still…but it may be because pitch and yaw are not very good.

Can you enable IMU and RCout and retry before I suggest auto tuning, would be nice to check there isn’t an underlying issue first.

Hi rabbit, I have enabled all loggings for this flight, hope it is correct for analysis.

This time I have uploaded it to dropbox as the file size is too big due to the loggings
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6el6jnsa4v8tg7o/AADGIKLba1GDPIgIZWMDz8g7a?dl=0
This is the links to my logs.

Not to worry, it’s not a virus :smiley:

OK Got it.

your vibes are a bit high, maybe try reducing them.

Are all of your motors/arms tight? the seems to be some variance between clockwise and anti clockwise…but it varies. A bit hard to read, but for steady yaw periods they seem to wander. Can yo post a picture of your copter? Is it just a regular symmetrical shape? Or does it have a camera poking out front or something else that could catch the wind that might also explain this?

Also with the logs I’ve posted in the last post(Logs.115), the take off for my quadcopter is smooth until it reach roughly 1meter above the ground, then I changed the mode to AltHold, it will hover stably (without movement of the sticks), after maybe 10-20secs, the quadcopter tends to wobby, sometimes pretty violently. The flying environment is open indoor area hence there would not be any downwash effects to cause the uav to wobble.

Therefore do you have any clue in which why the plane would wobble in such scenario?

I’ve look through the logs and check the vibration, my ACCX & ACCZ seems to be in placed but my ACCY, vibration along the Y seems to be much higher(-4 to -4) than the suggested range (-3 to 3).

Would this be part of the reason why my copter flys wobbly?

I have placed the image in the dropbox link i shared with you. Apology currently I’m at home hence unable to take an image of my plane. But I’m using a standard S500 frame, hence i believed that my motor arm are pretty tight

There’s a foam above the plane due to my project requires obstacle clearing but is pretty symmetrical

I do have a camera infront inclusive of a payload mounted in front of the plane but due to the indoor environment, I’m not sure if wind factor should be considered here