Quad take-off from a moving platform

Hello,

I am flying a 3DR quad with PIXHawk.

I tried to take-off from a sailboat at sea but could not get the system ready for take-off.

I suppose that during the initialization process, measurements are performed with accelerometers and so on… and the unstability makes the intialization not ending correctly.

Is it possible to skip some steps in the initialization process so that it could be possible to take-off ?

Thanks for yor answers.

Yes, you can disable preflight checks in your setup.

[quote=“jps31”]Hello,

I am flying a 3DR quad with PIXHawk.

I tried to take-off from a sailboat at sea but could not get the system ready for take-off.

I suppose that during the initialization process, measurements are performed with accelerometers and so on… and the unstability makes the intialization not ending correctly.

Is it possible to skip some steps in the initialization process so that it could be possible to take-off ?

Thanks for yor answers.[/quote]

I don’t think it’s that simple - I believe the gyros get calibrated every time the fc is armed, and it’s this gyro calibration that gets confused if the craft is moving during the calibration. There has been some discussion about this recently and I believe there’s a issue logged somewhere in github that was hoped to be targeted for 3.3 that would address this somehow.

Here are the referenced issues:
github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/issues/1361
github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/issues/795

This indicates it’s not a good idea to just skip the gyro calibration!