Quad setup feels not much sturdy. Version 4.0.2 [solved]

The payload is box structured. No its not moving it has servo controlled lids on the down side it can release the payload stored inside in air but its not moving.

I have also installed rubber o rings to the reduce the vibrations.

I am also attaching logs with those installed but without any payload.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ljQLJufcU4qFG8aIx2uIdT8xpHVbMVu4/view?usp=sharing

I have done a test flight today. This time I have done more then a hover all goes well I am thinking of reducing the max loiter speed bit more too keep the vibration lvl low.

The payload was not an actual payload but its a dummy payload but the weight is equal.

The only issue I had was after landing when i was trying to disarm the drone but it tilt to one side it self.
I am unable to to figure out what could be the cause.

I am attaching the bin. file pls review it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WC-FUENkOBxCDF9fh7c4V1IlbtMoAbTO?usp=sharing

OK, set up the Dynamic notch now; Based on the FFT try these:
INS_HNTCH_ATT,40
INS_HNTCH_BW,35
INS_HNTCH_ENABLE,1
INS_HNTCH_FREQ,100
INS_HNTCH_HMNCS,7
INS_HNTCH_MODE,1
INS_HNTCH_OPTS,0
INS_HNTCH_REF,.285

And set INS_LOG_BAT_OPT to 2 and make another hover flight to see how well the notch filter worked.

FFT pre-filter

Ok I will try the this but are the vibrations still too high? is the notch filter still necessary and will it affect the PIDs.
I have also disabled the vibration compensation dose it also help reduce the vibrations ?

I am attaching the the video of the latest test flight what could have caused the Copter to tilt at the last after landing i want trying to disarm it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14zxnpDB3AP4BrAA4ljthMSHeN66OPAvc/view?usp=sharing

No, the vibrations are not too high but the Dynamic Notch filter, which acts on the output from the Gyro’s not the accelerometers, can help obtain a much better tune anyway by filtering specific modes (motor RPm, frame) from the Gyro’s. So yes, if you run another Autotune, which you should after confirmation that the notch filter parameters are good, you should realize a better tuned craft.

Ok, so should I keep the vibration compensation off ? and do I have to test this new notch filter with the payload load attached ?

what about the tilt after landing do u able to figure out what could have cause it ?

@dkemxr I have done another test flight. i am attaching the bin logs. The copter doesn’t disarm quickly and tends to tilt on on side it it happen bcz of uneven surface ?

Logs
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AFAKF5jeqPi8DWmFQ9pXUSbAYOJSHLxt?usp=sharing

The Notch filter is working very well. You could now do another Auto Tune to improve the tune even further. Before doing so update to 4.0.5 as there is a landing detector improvement in an earlier Rc release that might help you.

FFT post filter

These logs was before auto tune.
Now I have done a auto tune and I am attaching the logs of the that auto tune below plus what could be causing that copter is not disarming immediately after landing ? when I am forcing it to do so.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1t_CM--R21dF7BQALCIVyLrCVMMjlFkCK?usp=sharing

Update to Copter 4.0.5 then make another flight and post that log. Not an Autune log.

Unable to update the Official Stable version

No idea. I updated 2 FC’s this morning. Try updating Mission Planner to latest Beta.

Ok after updating to the beta version i am able to update to the 4.05
I have done a test flight with the latest version installed attaching the logs below

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NCnf4nvcEi-cwuwYx5zTuR2Ikk09B_6o?usp=sharing

What condition was the craft in when you did the last AutoTune? With or w/o payload, with the Notch filter?

I did the last autotune without any payload. it was not much windy the notch filter was enabled.

Hey, @dkemxr @xfacta hope you are doing great I want to know few things if i am making changes in the mounting mechanism like reducing the thickness for the foam block. how would i check whether the vibration is reduced or not with the notch filter on? Does the notch filter also have a negative effect on performance or should i turn off the filter to compare are the performance?

i am uploading the logs for a small hover which i have done. I have also made few changes on quad moved GPS away from interference plus changed the mounting of the Fc by reducing the foam thickness but added more rubber dampeners on the stand-off 1 on each end.

logs
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LVhXjiRGWs1kfuTlwqKKKKxYwqETJpbc?usp=sharing

One major problem is hover thrust is lower than MT_SPIN_MIN
MOT_THST_HOVER,0.1429
MOT_SPIN_MIN,0.15
MOT_SPIN_ARM,0.13
This is bad for attitude control and may cause a fly-away.
I would recheck the ARM and MIN values with MissionPlanner motor test and if you cant set them any lower then you will need to add more weight so HOVER is more than MIN.

The clock-wise motors are working harder to counteract a physical issue with the CCW motors. This can start to affect stability and control in some situations. Look for twisted arms or motor mounts. Props should all be on the same plane and “point” at each other.

I think Current monitoring is not correct, unless you’ve got the best motors in the world :slight_smile:
You might try BATT_AMP_PERVLT,24 or try calibrating the current sensor properly. Let us know if you want a proper method for doing this.

Is there a reason for so much stick movement? Is it just testing or the craft is moving in a way that you have to correct all the time? Just curious…
Try setting ATC_INPUT_TC,0.2 to at least smooth it out a bit…

Set these:
BATT_FS_LOW_ACT,2
BATT_FS_CRT_ACT,1

And I’d recommend setting these and do another test flight, lots of hovering and nice smooth movements, and maybe some more sudden movements if everything is going very well:
ATC_ACCEL_P_MAX,100000
ATC_ACCEL_R_MAX,100000
ATC_ACCEL_Y_MAX,40000
ATC_ANG_RLL_P,10
ATC_ANG_PIT_P,10
ATC_ANG_YAW_P,5
ATC_RAT_RLL_P,0.12
ATC_RAT_RLL_I,0.12
ATC_RAT_RLL_D,0.005
ATC_RAT_PIT_P,0.12
ATC_RAT_PIT_I,0.12
ATC_RAT_PIT_D,0.005
ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTT,10
ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTD,10
ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTT,10
ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTD,10
ATC_RAT_YAW_FLTT,10
…then let’s see that log.
You aircraft is small and light and should be able to handle these higher PIDs easily. The existing situation from your latest log shows the quad is not handling so well, oscillating all over the place.

Fix up all those things in the order I listed them before doing more test flights (except maybe the current monitoring, it’s not as critical right now) and try for more stable hovering and at a steady 2 or 3 meter altitude. Use Stabilise mode and if it is working OK try ALTHOLD for a while - be prepared to go back to Stabilise.

EDIT: you can copy/paste the parameters straight out of the text above, into notepad and save as a .param file then load them in via mission planner - that saves making typing errors or trying to find all those on screen.

I have done an rpm test for each motor i have set the throttle to 15% and run the motor for 20sec
and these were the result

Firm Oneshot 125

Motor A 2680rpm
Motor B 2530rpm
Motor C 2670rpm
Motor D 2400rpm

Firm Normal

Motor A 2900rpm
Moror B 2630rpm
Motor C 2750rpm
Motor D 2600rpm

I have tried manual calibration but this doesn’t seem to change.

One more thing i have noticed was if the min spin when armed set to 0.125 only the CW motor starts to make all motors spin together i need to increase the value at least to 0.130 i don’t know does this makes sense but could this be causing the issue i mean ESCs are not calibrated perfectly.

For reference i am using sunny sky 980Kv motors ESC are Oversky MR-20A 20 amp ESC and running this with 10inch propeller the battery pack is lion 6000mah 4s. the overload weight of the setup is 1kg now u can calculate why i am hovering at near about 4 amps.

@dkemxr Hey hope you are doing well! Can you tell me how did you calculate the notch filter values?