Quad rebuilt but having trouble with arm/disarm

Ok guys please bear with me as I am not entirely new to this but am in no way an expert. My quad was working well but then I crashed it. I bought a new frame and rebuilt. All is well except for one problem I the arming sequence is not like it was before and the quad is acting odd.

So I did auto cal of the ESC (Turnigy 30A plush), I can get the ESC’s to cal and the motors will spin up no issue. Then I disconnect the battery and either one of two things happens ( I have done this about 10 times now)

1. The lights flash red/blue rapidly and The ESC’s will beep 3 times ( for the 3S lipo) then once…then they dont beep any more. The blue light stays constant and the red light flashes…looks pink. But the system will not arm (solid red light like it used to before the rebuild). Not sure what to do I recal and can get the motors to spin up initially and then unplug…the process continues as it will not arm.

OR I have had this happen several times as well with no real explanation
2. After proper calibration I will plug the power in(throttle down), I can arm the APM but the motors will spin up (idle)…I can arm and disarm but never zero throttle(i have tried trimming out but nothing works.

Not sure what to do here…I have done a good bit of digging but cannot find a specific forum to my problem…I am probably doing something stupid. Please help!?

Hi,

From AC3.1 a parameter was added MOT_SPIN_ARMED so the motors will spin always when armed unless you change the value to zero.
copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/arduco … SPIN_ARMED

Hi, Just a quick note as I am fairly new at this as well. Have you tried to hook up to the mission planner and arm that way. It will usually tell you what pre-arm check is failing. BTW, how bad was the crash? Did you have to replace the entire frame or just parts? Just curious because the hardware may be damaged.

[quote=“RogelioN”]Hi,

From AC3.1 a parameter was added MOT_SPIN_ARMED so the motors will spin always when armed unless you change the value to zero.
copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/arduco … SPIN_ARMED[/quote]

Hi
I have a similar problem when arming the APM, one of the 8 motors on my OCTO starts to spin… I’ve followed the link copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/arducopter-parameters.
Can you please be more specific where to set the value to zero, I’m a newbie in this field.
Please advice accordingly
Optical