Quad Flips at minimum throttle Pixhawk setting issue or?

Hi all

Got a bit of an odd problem with my Pixhawk and Quad I am building.

On the bench it is all calibrated and the motors start fine

Outside once armed the motors I have a problem

I have a 3 position switch set to Stabilize, Altitude Hold and Loiter and a second switch set for RTL

No the problem, with the props off the motors appear to spin up fine regardless of the switch position, although stabilize is the starting position. But once the props are on, in stabilise mode as soon as I touch the throttle the motors spin up really fast and the model flip, but if I select Alt hold or Loiter they spin up fine.

Now obviously this is something I have done wrong, but I just cannot find it. Anyone got any clues as to were the problem might be.

I have performed ESC calibration in Mission Planner and done all the compass calibrations.

Thanks for any help with this

Paul

@Paul-80,
This really should have been posted in the ArduCopter firmware sub forum.
What version of ArduCopter firmware are you using?
Is your Pixhawk a clone or a genuine 3DR Pixhawk?
Please provide tlogs and/or dataflash logs to help troubleshoot your issue.
Regards,
TCIII GM

Hi

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the wrong area, in my defence I am a bit of a newbie to all this, perhaps a mod could move it

I am using the latest version of Arducopter firmware

Its a clone Pixhawk :wink:

Not sure how to find the logs but will post as soon as I figure it out.

One thing I did find out was that I had the spin on arm set to zero as I didn’t like the idea of them spinning at arm, but found that sort of added to the issue, with spin on Arm set to anything below 40 the motors dont spin on arm but speed up to a high level with minimum throttle high enough to launch the quad skywards but with spin on arm set to 45 they span slowly and the start was a little softer, still not soft enough for a controllable slow lift though.

Will post back when I found how to get the logs downloaded.

Paul

@Paul-80,
Here are the ArduCopter Wiki instructions for Mission Analysis: http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-mission-analysis/
Regards,
TCIII GM