QGroundControl now available in iOS App Store

OK, so ist is useless for an APM 2.5. :frowning:

Sorry… my bad. I already have a Pixhawk and I would like to know if there is a particular piece of hardware I need to use to get a WiFi connection qith QGround. Thanks,

1 Like

Already answered above…

Is it possible to stream video output to the iOS-Version? For example an UPD stream or something else?

Hi Carlos,

I am using a Bluetooth serial converter wired to a 3DR radio module to connect my Android Phone to my BBBmini flight controller.

Regards
Mirko

On iOS no video streaming at this point. Hopefully we’ll be able to do it in a future release. On Android video streaming works.

Tested it with a Pixracer and the ESP8266 wifi module. Works well and I especially like the configuration section. Great work!

The ESP8266 has a serial port on it. You can set it to 57600 and connect it to a APM2.5 HW if you want. It will work

mavproxy is also a solution: Copter - Telemetry - Computer with mavproxy - Wifi - SoftWare with UDP port (iOS, Android, …).
Work very well for me.

http://www.communistech.com/support/ scroll down on this page for a lot of info

Any news on that? If you ever need a tester, here he is :slight_smile:

But anyway, I’m testing the iOS version and I like it very much.

Thanks,
Stefan

Hello, could you please add google map as map provider?

Hello there,

I am having problems connecting qgc on my iphone using a lighting/USB dongle to connect to a mRo SiK radio. I have no issues with a similar connection for a samsung tablet. I read this ( QGC on iOS connection issue · Issue #6584 · mavlink/qgroundcontrol · GitHub)

Is there another way to interface with the sik radio via an iphone? Some other dongle or some way to use the iphone bluetooth or local wifi to hook up with the SiK radio?

I think this is what i need but is there something I can buy without building?

MAVLink Radio Telemetry for iOS (kouky.org)

Thank for any help.

See here:

No need to ask more than once.

Sorry Yuri the initial like was wrong. I meant to link to a DIY IOS to SIK radio design.

I was wondering is someone has developed a COTS solution.

Of if there is a bluetooth interface to a sik radio.

I see ways to use LTE but that would require more parts for me.

Anyway my searches dont seem find a solution. I’ll stick with android tablet for a portable GCS/QGC.

I see ways to use LTE but that would require more parts for me.
Anyway my searches dont seem find a solution. I’ll stick with android tablet for a portable GCS/QGC.

I am having the same problem, and have just found this post. I am surprised to see that it may be impossible to use Sik radios with iOS without hacking some DYI solution. Maybe I will just switch to Android for this. Sad, but whatever.

there seems to be a diy solution posted above (link below to make it easier to find). My assumption is what works for an Ipad will work for an Iphone but I could be very wrong.

MAVLink Radio Telemetry for iOS (kouky.org)

Anyway my android tablet does a great job.

More hacks, more components with broken links, etc… I mean it’s fun no doubt, but I would rather get flying :). I think I will stick with an Android tablet. Too bad though, it would have been nice to be able to use my iPhone and avoid buying yet another device :roll_eyes:.

That said, maybe I will keep the above as a project for next winter when I am bored and can’t fly due to continuous rain :slight_smile:. Thank you for the links!

i cant download with us region apple id
which region can download

I have had it on my iphone for years and I’m in the US.