QGroundControl 4.0 available

Here is a very high level and non-exhaustive list of new features added to QGroundControl in version 4.0. Not to mention the large number of bug fixes in this release and I’m sure we lost track on listing some new features which were added along the way!

Note The format for Settings in QGC had to change in this release. Which means all QGC settings will be reset to defaults.

• Settings
    • Language: Allow selection of language
    • ArduPilot
      • Mavlink: Configurable stream rate settings
  • Setup
    • Joystick
      • New joystick setup ui
      • Ability to configure held button to single or repeated action
    • ArduPilot
      • Motor Test
  • Plan
    • Create Plan from template with wizard like progression for completing full Plan.
    • Survey: Save commonly used settings as a Preset
    • Polygon editing
      • New editing tools ui
      • Support for tracing a polygon from map locations
    • ArduPilot
      • Support for GeoFence and Rally Points using latest firmwares and mavlink v2
  • Fly
    • Click to ROI support
    • Added support for connecting to ADSB SBS server. Adds support for ADSB data from USB SDR Dongle running ‘dump1090 --net’ for example.
    • Ability to turn on Heading to home, COG and Next Waypoint heading indicators in Compass.
    • Video
      • Add support for h.265 video streams
    • Vehicle type specific pre-flight checklists. Turn on from Settings.
  • Analyze
    • New Mavlink Inspector which includes charting support. Supported on all builds including Android and iOS.
  • General
    • Released Windows build are now 64 bit only
    • Log Replay: Ability to specify replay speed
    • ArduPilot
      • Improved support for chibios firmwares and ArduPilot bootloader with respect to flashing and auto-connect.
5 Likes

FYI: Forgot to say that iOS 4.0 builds may take another week to be ready.

1 Like

Something odd trying to Flash a Developer build on a Kakute F7. After selecting the Developer Build the only board type that shows is the skyviper.

1 Like

Thank you Don for all your hard work just keeps getting better

1 Like

Enter an issue in GitHub on this and we can continue discussion there. New QGC uses the ArduPilot build manifest file for this now which it downloads from ArduPilot site. Could be QGC bug or could be incorrect data in manifest file.

1 Like

Hi Don if I have an ADS-B cube carrier does that mean I get planes on my flight screen,many thank’s

If that means that you have an ADSB receiver on the vehicle and it sends ADSB_VEHICLE mavlink telemetry to the gcs then yes. That said I’m getting some reports of ADSB not working in 4.0 which I haven’t look at yet.

1 Like

Thank you and I dont seem to be getting them either

Issue is here: https://github.com/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/issues/8324 if you can provide telemetry logs

1 Like

ile have a look on my tablet latter on

Marty, do you have a dongle and dump 1090 working?

1 Like

No Gary I dont at the moment