QGC "Missing params: - 1:FLTMODE6“... its because of the" boat" option (frame class)

Hi everyone,

I have a PixHawk 2.1 Cube Black with Ardurover 3.5 & QGC on my computer

I just found a weird bug: when the FRAME_CLASS option is set to 2 (“boat”), QGC cannot load the parameters correctly anymore and send this message:

Parameters are missing from firmware. You may be running a version of firmware QGC does not work correctly with or your firmware has a bug in it. Missing params: -1:FLTMODE6, -1:FLTMODE5, -1:FLTMODE4, -1:FLTMODE3, -1:FLTMODE2, -1:FLTMODE1

see attached screenshot:
Bug_firmware_corrupted|690x176

The way around this bug is to set back FRAME_CLASS to 1 (“rover”)

I am curious about what caused a bug liked that, and because I actually spent quite some time debugging this I want to make sure no one is in the same situation as me before :slight_smile:

Cheers !!

I’ve never had a trouble loading params on boats with mission planner, so I suspect its QGC issue, it does sound very odd tho

If I understanding you I had the same issue last month reported I think you see the same issue in MP. my fix was to flash to board a few more times…The bug could be related to me stopping a radio cal during a fresh install.