Servers by jDrones

QGC doesn't connect via USB

(Edu Rius) #1

When I try to connect my pixhawk cube 2.1 to QGC via USB it doesn’t connect (a few weeks ago it works properly). Despite this, I can connect it via telemetry. Does anyone knows how to fix this issue?

(dsmoura777) #2

You need to create a new link (serial connection), pick a baud rate of 115200. pic attached. Then you will be able to connect.

(DonLakeFlyer) #3

That shouldn’t be necesary since it should connect automatically. Possibility that something is missing in Stable for latest ArduPilot bootloader stuff. Can you try a Daily build and see if it connects.

(dsmoura777) #4

This is interesting, i have 2 cenarios here, my pixhawk 2.1 black cube, QGC version 3.5.3 needs a serial link to connect but the daily build it doesnt need it, i mean it connects automatically.
My pixhawk 1 3DRobotics connects automatically on both QGC versions.
Looks like the issue happens only with the pixhawk 2.1

Setup:
Sony VAIO laptop Linux Ubuntu 18.04LTS
Arducopter 3.6.9 on pix 2.1 and pix1

(Edu Rius) #5

I tried it with a pixhawk cube and pixhawk 4, both with ardupilot and also with px4 and they doesn’t connect. Also I tried it with different versions of QGC on mac and on windows without any difference on its results.

(DonLakeFlyer) #6

Enter an Issue into QGC github and we can continue discussion there with ways to debug

(Marc Segond) #7

I have seen exactly the same behaviour. My Cube Black needs to set up manually the serial link, but my older Pixhawk connects automatically.
On older versions, it connected automatically always.
I also had the problem when I wanted to flash the firmware of my Cube using QGC: it doesn’t see the USB connected so it won’t upload the firmware. I had to use Mission Planner to do it.