Pymavlink mavlogdump.py Usage for converting bin to log

With this topic i figured out how to install and use pymavlink from cmd. But i do not get the right commad for converting a bin to a log file.

I tried the following:

python mavlogdump.py --format csv test.bin

which gets the following Output: Need exactly one type when dumping CSV from bin file

But i want to translate the whole file like i would do it in the Mission-Planner GUI.

Someone can help me?

Use this
mavlogdump.py --format csv --types '*' test.bin

2 Likes

I should had find this out by myself. The ‘*’ is just logical.

But i get the next Error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\Lib\site-packages\pymavlink\mavlogdump.py", line 237, in <module>
    match_types.append("FMT")
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'append'

I watched into the Code and thought about editing it, but i dont think thats the right way… I think i installed pymavlink not the correct way or have some configuration problems.

How i installed:

pip install future
pip install lxml
pip install --upgrade pymavlink

Then i downloaded the mavlogdump.py from Github and dragged it into my pymavlink-Installation-Folder, because i wasnt able to locate it inside this folder.

For starting the script i run cmd from inside the pymavlink-Installationfolder.

Whats my fault?

Thanks fpr Help!

try
pip3 install mavproxy pymavlink --user --upgrade

Mavproxy installs in the ~/.local/bin directory in debian, and there must be a path to there so you should start mavlogdump.py from anywhere.

1 Like

I tried this solution but it resulted in the same error again. I ran all the 3 commands mentioned above in this post and it still ran into the same error.What I did different was install pymavlink without necessarily installing the other python packages first