PX4 airspeed sensor not working on i2c splitter

Pixracer with px4 airspeed sensor (MS4525DO), i2c splitter. On battery power.

For some reason I can only get airspeed to work when nothing else is plugged into the splitter. If I plug in a gps I will get satellites but airspeed will stop reading. Has anyone else had this issue?

MS4525DO is a quite picky for i2c voltage levels, cable length and termination. The best solution is to use an active i2c hub, which takes care of the necessary signal conditioning.

https://store.mrobotics.io/product-p/auav-i2c-hub-mr.htm

Just bought that. Thanks for the info.

Anyone else having trouble with this? I bought the active i2c hub and both of my airspeed sensors will only work when plugged directly into the pixracer. Gps works fine when plugged into the hub. I have the MS4525DO, I’ve used both voltage levels on the hub. arspd_bus = 1, arspd pin = 65, arspd_primary = 0, psi range = 1. It never completes calibration during preflight_calibration. This is with plane 3.9.3

1 Like

perhaps the pinout on the i2c hub isn’t the same order as the airspeed sensor? I tried again with the airspeed sensor connected directly to the pixracer and it works fine. I can’t find any documentation on the i2c hub.

I think you can try UAVCAN airspeed.