PWM not changing in mixes for flight modes (Turnigy 9X) [Solved]

Hi Dave,

Yes you are right it would be a photo, not a screen shot. It really sounds like the config is not right with the symptoms you are listing. If CH5 visual change on the TX’s screen is not to 6 different values then it is sign that there is some issue with the config. I can almost guarantee there is something small that has been missed in the config.

When I mention replace, you will note on the left hand side of the mixer screen for CH5 in the video you will see an R next to all the values except the first one which from memory has a - instead. This means that it will replace the value with the one in the config. The default from memory will add it to the existing value which is not what you want. The photos will make it much quicker for us to help you verify the config, we’ve all made some basic mistakes in the past where a 2nd set of eyes was able to find it.

The key screens to confirm it are the ones I mentioned in an earlier post.

Chris

Thanks Chris,
Forgive my ignorance but an “R” on the mixer screen, I don’t get it I watched the video over and over and I see no R on it or my TX on the mixer screen.

Something simple wrong with config? I have to agree with you. My problem seams to be using PPM mode, I hate all the extra wires, I have a feeling if I use the standard method and route each channel with wire it will work like the video. If by the end of the day I cant get it working I will do that. The video seams to only work with the standard method, ie. you hook a wire from channel 5 of the APM to channel 6 of the receiver and it gets mixed with channel 5. In ppm mode you can’t force it to do that the channels are mapped by default the way they are.

Oh, my Turnigy 9x uses stock firmware not the er version perhaps thats got the R thing goin on.

I really appreciate your help, but it seams PPM mode isn’t very popular, so know body seams to have the experience with it, I was hopeful I could be the one and make my own video. Damn I hate all those wires!

I don’t understand the mixer. Gyro, Flap? Why not mix Ch5 and Ch6, don’t understand how gyro, flap equates to ch5 and ch6. I have a feeling it doesn’t thats why it doesn’t work! I don’t think I’m telling the mixer to mix the correct channels do to the ppm mapping. The mixing of master and slave should be channels, it would make more sense, my quad doesn’t have flaps, alerons etc. If I could just mix the channels I need to mix I’d be good to go.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your help, I’m marking this as solved. I don’t like it but I rewired everything so I’m not using ppm mode anymore and now everything works like the video, I guess I need to be on the watch for people smarter than I to figure out ppm mode setup.

WOW! Won’t provide us with useful information and call us not smart.
Find another forum dude!
GOOD DAY!

I never called anyone as not being smart except myself! You may want to consider some English language classes. Besides I marked this solved a long time ago.