Project: Rough Terrain Navigation using Reinforcement Learning

Hi everyone,

For my undergraduate thesis I will be developing an RL motion planning algorithm to teach an 8 wheeled rover the most efficient way to manoeuvre over rough terrain, using the rover autopilot and a brand new Explora XL from Australian Droid & Robot.

I will be documenting the whole process, from the robot assembly to in-field tests of the learned navigation policy, and updating the progress on the blog. I am also new to the Ardupilot community so I’m not sure of the logistics of blog positing, would I need to make separate posts for each update or can I add to my existing posts?

I’m excited to share all the new developments with the project, and hope everyone finds this topic interesting as interesting as I do!

Tom.

1 Like

hello,

We don’t have much rules on blogging. But if you are making big progress and have a big text + picture/video update that is better to make a new post.

1 Like

Hi @TomSeymour,

Sounds like a good project, best of luck!

You can keep adding to this discussion or feel free to do blog posts as you make progress. Blogs can be created by creating new topics with the category set to “Blog”.

1 Like