Problems Getting Motors Running in Ardupilot

I agree with you there. It could be that some older Blhel_S ESC’s are on older firmware in which case it might default to PWM and then calibration would be required. If pass-thru is configured you should be able to connect to blheli suite (v16) and check and possibly update. Or, just go right to flashing Bluejay which is better than blheli_s anyway. This assumes there is a firmware target for the ESC.

"Blhel_S ESC’s are on older firmware in which case it might default to PWM "

My thinking right now.

1 Like

@Quadzilla since the last time we messaged I have changed to 4 separate 30A ESC and a holy bro pmo3d power module. When I fire everything up all 4 ESC calibrate on the same tones while beeping 6 times for a 6S battery. However when I do individual motor tests one motor does not work and all the others do but when I go on the ESC configuration online that @dkemxr suggested when I do master speed after a certain throttle speed all motors work but when I go to that specific motor it will not run by itself. Any suggestions?

What ESC’s are they? And post your parameter file.

Do you change from digital ESC to analog ESC? If yes, do you think you may have connect wrongly to the ports (Main or Aux)?

@dkemxr @Jai.GAY they arent the best but this is my senior project for college so we have a budget and are running out of time so we have to buy something that can get here in a small amount of time. Here are esc and here is the parameter file
Amazon.com: Readytosky 30A ESC 2-6S OPTO Brushless Electronic Speed Controller for F450 S500 ZD550 RC Helicopter Quadcopter(4PCS) : Toys & Games

Current.param (16.9 KB)

Also I was just able individually test motor 1,2,4 but not 3 however when I use the remote I have, I was able to get all of them running at the same time.

Those are just old school ESC’s that only support PWM. So, really nothing to do here but set MOT_PWM_TYPE to 0, then calibrate using the Semi-Auto calibration in Mission Planner as per the Wiki.
Then set the Motor ranges Setting Motor Ranges
That’s it, then continue with configuration and tuning.

You should not need to change any range settings if you use above. I Never needed to i tweak it after the calibration over 7 years.

@dkemxr @Quadzilla Thank you both for all of your help! I finally got each motor running and everything working like I want! You both are great!

1 Like