Problem with VTOL transition in AUTO missions

Hi all! I’m having a weird problem that I can’t solve… My tilt-rotor VTOL is a MFD Nimbus 1800.

In AUTO missions, when transitioning from multicopter to fixed wing, the craft starts accelerating but it never finishes the transition maintaining front motors angled and airspeed no more than 13-17 m/s. I have try ARSPD_FBW_MIN from 15 to 17 m/s.

FC is a Cube Black with Arduplane 4.0.6

The transitions from Q_LOITER to CRUISE work like a charm every time. But transition in AUTO does not. This is our first time attempting AUTO missions with VTOLs.

The most weird thing is that it behaves in the same way, using DO_VTOL_TRANSITION or not using it, after VTOL TAKEOFF in the mission plan.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Param file is attached.
NIMBUS-07-10-20.param (21.3 KB)

vtol nimbus 2020.param (21.2 KB)

1 Like

Obrigado Carlos! These params are from your Nimbus? Did you have problems like mine?

I have same problem, seems if first waypoint is too close or too high to the transition point then the transition doesn’t complete. The tilt motors stay half tilted and the aircraft flying too slow. Only after waypoint 2 or 3 does the transition complete.

I discussed it here: Nimbus Tricopter VTOL but never got a satisfactory diagnosis or solution.