Problem with turn around yaw

I have APM 2.6 with Fw 3.2.1
My problem is in Loiter mode, where hexa hold position good, when I made 180 turn in place aroun YAW axis and stop, hexa change position 1-2 m and after few seconds recover original position.
Is there known solution for this problem?

Is your GPS in the middle?

sent from my phone so apologies for any typos

which part of the file relates to your issue? There are two loiter periods, but neither seem to have a yaw 180 ans posistion move.

Your sat count in that file isn’t that great, at 7 and 8 which won’t help.

Does it lose position while doing the turn, or some time after?

Does your GPS have a clear view of the sky at all orientations? i.e not low in the frame being masked by other items?

[quote=“RabbitStu”]which part of the file relates to your issue? There are two loiter periods, but neither seem to have a yaw 180 ans posistion move.

Your sat count in that file isn’t that great, at 7 and 8 which won’t help.

Does your GPS have a clear view of the sky at all orientations? i.e not low in the frame being masked by other items?[/quote]

-At the moment my gps is not in middle exactly(the frame is 550 and my gps is located 10cm from the center of it, but same thing happened when it was in the middle.
-The flight was made between buildings, so I suppose this is the reason for low sat count, but loiter working good until I changed direction. Period when it was happened is between 5 and 6 (see attached picture).
-My GPS unit is mounted very high and has 360 clear view to the sky

[quote=“RabbitStu”]

items?[/quote]

Moment after turn.

Hi,

Cheers for clarifying. I don’t think gps placement is enough of an issue. I ask because mine is fairly well of centre, and obviously has an effect.

I am not convinced its particularly related to yaw, looking a pos x and y in ntun you can see it stating to wander before yaw starts in that area.

Given that its APM that doesn’t use EKF, I would try tuning the loiter gains, starting with increasing loiter P a bit, maybe try 0.6…or set it to channel 6 if you use that and adjust on the fly. It will make it more aggressive to gps updates though.

Normally the loiter values don’t need touching, but I have fiddled with them in the past.

On calm conditions in stabilise or alt hold does it yaw centrally or kick in a direction?

[quote=“rolex”][quote=“RabbitStu”]

items?[/quote]

Moment after turn.[/quote]

was already replying when I saw this. Contradicts what I see in the log for the time you say, not saying what you are seeing isn’t what is happening…just how the log reads to me. Its difficult to visualise when there are many inputs that may also cause a x/y pos change. The yaw does seem quite soon after having pitch on.