Problem with BLHeli Telemetry

OK looks like the only option rewiring.

Thanks

I have rewired motors 1 to 4 to AUX OUT 3 to 6. Then set:

Servo11_Funtion=33
Servo12_Funtion=34
Servo13_Funtion=35
Servo14_Funtion=36

Now looks like Telemetry works! But only with esc 1 and 2, 3 and 4 dont work.

The passthrough also works for motors 1 and 2 but after reading gives an error in ESC 1 and only ESC 2 is active.

What is your BRD_PWM_COUNT set to? And before simply answering give the Wiki a try regarding this parameter. Hard to believe you have been struggling with this for 4 months.

The value of SERVO_BLH_MASK is wrong for those channels - if you set it via mission planner you will get the right value

Good Morning,

The value of this parameter is 4. I checked the wiki and it is correct.

Yes I have been struggling with this issue for long time. And still is not working.

I just went In mission planner and manually selected channels 11,12,13 and 14 corresponding to AUX out 3,4,5 and 6.

The value of the parameter is 15360.

But still I only get telemetry in esc 1 and 2 and the same issues with the Passthrough

Please post your full parameter set

For sure.

1.param (18.4 KB)

Thanks for the help

I donā€™t think it will make any difference but set MOT_PWM_TYPE to 0.

I think BRD_PWM_COUNT needs to be set to 6 - there is no way of saying lower channels are not PWM.

The rest of the config looks good.

That was the issue!!!

BRD_PWM_COUNT needed to be set to 6 so aux 5 and 6 will work!!

Finally I got everything working fine.

THANKS A LOT!!!

Hello. The telemetry issue was solved but now there is something new.

I was using Aux1 and 2 for camera tilt and gripper. After all the changes, now they do not work. Studying the wiki I have seen this:

Groups of outputs sharing a common timer, MUST have the same advanced configuration. Usually, these are specified in the autopilotā€™s hardware description linked from the Autopilot Hardware Options page. For example, if an output is configured for DShot in a group, then you cannot use another output in that group for Normal PWM ESC or normal PWM servo operation.

What perfeclty explain what happened, DShot600 can only be enabled in all of none of the 6 AUX ports.

So I was thinking about connecting the gripper and camera tilt to one of the 8 Main ports but then I found that:

The exception is autopilots using an IOMCU co-processor. These autopilots normally have 8 MAIN outputs, and several AUX outputs. Only the AUX outputs can be re-purposed as GPIOs, and the BRD_PWM_COUNT parameter only applies to this group of outputs.

What I think that means is that MAIN ports 1-8 can only be used for motors or PWM passthrough from the radio but I cannot assign them as gripper nor camera tilt in the CUBE.

Am I right?

If someone has any idea or way to go around this, I would really appreciate ideas an opinions.

Thank you

The groups are AUX1-4 and AUX5-6, so you should use AUX1-4 for your motors and AUX5-6 for your GPIO outptus

Done, everything works! Thank you.