Problem Rangefinder NRA15

Thank you so much. I will try.

Just curious that is the firmware for this radar CANBUS or Uart (Serial)?
Thanks.

Mine is UART. i know there’s a CAN option, but i don’t have it

I am working with MR72 and NRA24 for months with RPi4 reading its CANBUS and feeding the DISTANCE_SENSOR Mavlink message to Ardupilot. Now I realize there is a firmware for the radar :slight_smile:

Anyway, I am facing the problem of when the drone going forward (height pitch angle), any solution for low altitude without ground false detection! (the forward radar will recognize the ground as an obstacle when high pitch/roll angle). Tilting the radar seems to be a solution but we can not go further than 5-7 degrees.

Hi all!
I also own a MR72 (Uart) for object avoidance in AC and bought recently a NRA15 to replace my Tf02 Lidar as altimeter.
I can report similar issues with MR72 (sometimes a bit erratic measures and long update intervals), but all in all it is doing well.

My actual problem is NRA15, which didn’t have the AP compatible firmware installed. I got this after contacting nanoradar customer service and update was successful, though.
But I don’t get the NRA15 working properly, it’s not recognized yet.
So, which specific settings in Arducopter (4.0.5 stable) are you using?
I installed it on my Pixhawk 4 on Serial2, 115200 Baudrate, and Rangefinder (9)as serial port option. In Rangefinder settings I chose downward facing orientation, appropriate range (30 m) and rangefinder type 11 (ylanding), also tried other serial port rangefinder types, but without luck.
So, any recommendations?

Greetings,
Marcel

Edit: I found the error, wrong serial protocol was set. Now working!

what protocol did you use?

Did your MR72 come with ArduPilot-special firmware or the off-the-shelf version? Nanoradar wasn’t entirely clear when I asked them what adjustments needed to be made.

In my case I had to compile a new firmware with the modifications recommended by Nanoradar, that’s the only way it worked.

like that: Integration with APM on Pixhawk

do you have the list of modifications recommended?

Hi @Steve79 ,
Can you make the MR72 works with the latest Arducopter FW?? Please let me know how to make it work…
I have ordered this MR72 and according to Nanoradar lady (name is Lisa, very helpful) they have FW for Arducopter. I will use NRA24 and MR72… I am still waiting the sensor to arrive. Thank you

Hi,
I bought an NRA24 and MR72 radar.
NRA24 Radar works well, but MR72 updates late and is delayed. I proceeded according to the radar manual. Does it need a specific firmware?
Has anyone been able to set it up properly?
Thanks

Hi,
I have boufht MR72 radar also and has the same behaviour, it updates late and is dealyed. Have anyone solved the problem or find out which is the reason?

What is the RNGFND_TYPE for the MR72 obstacles sensor.

Can someone provide documentation for nano radar mr72 - ardupilot (wire schematics and parameters list)

the bad lidar health is because you are using the serial port power. You have to connect the sensor to a 5 or 12V BEC.

hello @bigboy061293
You said the radar has firmware to communicate with radar with the can-bus protocol.
Can you send me the link, please?

Hello @Marcel_Essers. Maybe you still have the AP compitable firmware. I have a problem with customer service contact, they don’t response. Thanks!

I do no have it with me but I think Nanoradar support team can provide it.

Can someone please make an effort to upload or share the link to
1)NRA24 ardupilot compatible firmware?
2)Nasistant software to flash the firmware
3)any mandatory driver, etc

my problem solved after setting following parameters
please set following parameters to get readings from nra24
serial2_baud =115
Serrial2_Protocol =9
Rngfnd1_type =11
Rngfnd1_orient =25

1 Like