Problem in establishing connection with drone over 4G

Hi!
I’m trying to make 4G LTE Drone using Sixfab LTE module. I’ve successfully setup LTE module with raspberry and i’m sending udp packets back using MAVproxy to my ground station which is connected to my router. Using “ifconfig” its saying that x number of packets has been sent. Now the problem is, i’m not receiving UDP packets on my ground station and mission planner is not connecting to drone. I tried chaning my router IP to static but the same thing happens and I also add a new rule in my windows system for that specific port. But the problem is I still not be able to receive data packets on my ground station. Can somebody guide me in solving this issue?

Most telco has a firewall. You look at your ip for 4g if its starts with 10 or 192 that means its an internal ip. Its the telco issue. Of course there are work around. , Proxy, VPN etc etc.

On my 3G /4G setup I used Zerotier as this will allow to create a network tunnel even if both sides are on a dynamic IP address.

Note on the side: Whilst this setup works fine for telemetry, I did encounter some lag when trying to stream video. …hardly surprising given through how many ports the signal is being routed.

1 Like