Problem connecting Droidplanner to Iconia B1 and Samsung S3

Please help!
I have a quad copter and Im trying to connect the Droidplanner app to my Iconia B1 tablet using a 3DR Radio USB “Ground” module but it doesn’t do anything… the app doesnt pop up and when I start the app manually it keeps saying ‘disconnected’. As I realized that the Iconia B1 is not listed in the supported devices, I tried with a Samsung Galaxy S3 that i borrowed, and nothing… it keeps saying ‘disconnected’… Does anyone have an idea why its not working?

It appears that the antenna is not recognized through the USB adapter when using the micro USB port on the tablet ? Does the USB port need to be formatted in anyway?

From your experience, which is the best performing android for this app, since I’m considering buying a new one?

One of the best devices is the Nexus 7. But let’s try to solve your problem first, which may be on the adapter cable or the tablet.

First make sure your telemetry systems is working, by connecting via Mission Planner.

Now connect the telemetry to the talet via the adapter, look if the leeds blink. The green one should be steady on.

The tablet should ask for a permission to use the USB device, if not you have a driver problem. Two options if that’s the case:

1. Use bluetooth
  2. Lookup the forum, there are some apps that can make yyour device drivers work. And I’m sure I have saw them posted here.

Hi
I have exact the same problem. When I push “connect” in DroidPlanner it says disconnected.
I have an “Asus memo pad hd 7” and I use a powered OTG cable. It works fine with USB flash drives and mouse.
The 3DR radio’s green led is solid on both receiver and transmitter so I think they are connected, but my tablet can’t recognize the 3DR radio.
As you mentioned it’s probably a driver problem.
Could you please provide the app to make the driver work as you mentioned ?
I can’t find this info in the forum.

Thanks,
Jeepy

@jeepy As you said it can be a driver issue. And I don’t know the name of the app that can help you with that.

But again:

• Check if there is that pop-up when you connect the telemetry module to the device
  • You can consider Bluetooth connection.